So that happened | The Boneyard

So that happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So first of all... Stony Brook travels better than half of the old Big East. Good for them bringing their band.

So there was a game.... and if I have to read another post from someone watching on TV about the attendance I will punch myself in the throat.

I sat through a disgustingly bad game in a sauna - and you are going to sit home and call people out for not sitting through that nonsense?

Oh the game? Thankfully the SB punter showed off his leg and outkicked the coverage because otherwise it may have ended badly.

Stony Brook at multiple times in the game didn't even pretend to be interested in moving the ball and still outgained UConn.

Credit to anyone trying to find a silver lining.

Reaction Score
So there was a game.... and if I have to read another post from someone watching on TV about the attendance I will punch myself in the throat.

I sat through a disgustingly bad game in a sauna - and you are going to sit home and call people out for not sitting through that nonsense?

AMEN!!!!!!

Reaction Score
So first of all... Stony Brook travels better than half of the old Big East. Good for them bringing their band.

Oh the game? Thankfully the SB punter showed off his leg and outkicked the coverage because otherwise it may have ended badly.

Stony Brook at multiple times in the game didn't even pretend to be interested in moving the ball and still outgained UConn.

Thought the D played OK.
CW had a tough game. Missed more than a few open receivers. Also they need to make the tough catch. I think a healthy CC puts up more points.
What happened to Marriner?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thought the D played OK.
CW had a tough game. Missed more than a few open receivers. Also they need to make the tough catch. I think a healthy CC puts up more points.

It sounds like Marriner separated his shoulder.

Reaction Score

UConn won.

Reaction Score

From a Jim Fuller post: "As for the injury situation, Diaco said he chose not to bring Josh Marriner back after he was shaken up on a Newsome kickoff return but Marriner could have gone back in"

Reaction Score
On a return in the first half he was making a block and took a big hit in the shoulder.

Reaction Score
It sounds like Marriner separated his shoulder.
Thought the D played OK.

Mariner slowed down on a kick return and paid the price. Shoulder separation is what it is but stingers suck. His arm looked like it was numb, on fire and couldn't move at the same time after that hit to me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Source?? Haven't seen that anywhere - could have missed it though.

Radio + game thread in real time but may have just been stinger based on Carl's post.

Reaction Score
Radio + game thread in real time but may have just been stinger based on Carl's post.

Roger...ThxThx

Pretty sure Diaco wouldn't have said he could have gone back in if had a separated shoulder. Took a good pop though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Roger...ThxThx

Pretty sure Diaco wouldn't have said he could have gone back in if had a separated shoulder. Took a good pop though.

Plenty of running backs have played after a separated shoulder so it doesn't rule it out since he didn't actually come back.

Reaction Score
Congratulations on having the lowest standards that can be measured.

If you say so. FCS games are no win situations; if you lose its a disaster, if you win nobody is impressed. We all would have preferred a well played blowout win. That we had to settle for an ugly win is a silver lining.

Reaction Score
Plenty of running backs have played after a separated shoulder so it doesn't rule it out since he didn't actually come back.

Depends on degree but not worth arguing about... I just didn't see the term separated shoulder used anywhere.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you say so. FCS games are no win situations; if you lose its a disaster, if you win nobody is impressed. We all would have preferred a well played blowout win. That we had to settle for an ugly win is a silver lining.

If you think the performance today from the University of Connecticut was acceptable because they won that is fine.

We have different standards.

Reaction Score
If you think the performance today from the University of Connecticut was acceptable because they won that is fine.

We have different standards.

Where did I say it was acceptable? You asked for a silver lining. You can't do much better than a win.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Where did I say it was acceptable? You asked for a silver lining. You can't do much better than a win.

I didn't ask for a silver lining. I gave credit to anyone trying to find one.

Reaction Score
Not arguing in any way. Diaco called Whitmer's performance wonderful today - so it's going to be a long time before a I believe anything he says.

Really shouldn't be believing any thing he says publicly anyway.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Really shouldn't be believing any thing he says publicly anyway.

I generally ignore what is said. All that matters is what happens on the field.

But I listen to the postgame in the car on the way home... and it seems impossible but this week was more ridiculous than last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom