So proud of this 2-9 team | The Boneyard

So proud of this 2-9 team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Having gone through the ringer with the PP/GDL regime, they have come out of this stronger. Great to see the smiles from ear to ear as they walked off today.

Also proud of the 23k die hards.

Students, not so much

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm extremely proud of this team and the way that they have stuck together through this year. We could have easily gone to 0-12 with a negative attitude. But the boys have dug down deep and have come up with 2 big wins in a row.

Hopefully, they can finish the season with a win against Memphis, avoid a double-digit loss season, finish near the middle of the pack, and go into the off season with a lot of positivity (especially for recruiting). Great job, Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Having gone through the ringer with the PP/GDL regime, they have come out of this stronger. Great to see the smiles from ear to ear as they walked off today.

Students, not so much
what students??:eek:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Someone noted that the students were on break. That said, 80% live in CT so that doesn't mean much.

Reaction Score

Students, not so much
I give the students a little bit of a break because of school being closed for thanksgiving break.

Reaction Score
Re: the lack of students - because of the holiday break maybe there were no buses running to bring the students from campus to the stadium? Any one know?

Reaction Score

Students, not so much
Think they were off for the entire week Skib

Reaction Score
I was shocked to see the student section empty today until I realized it is break. I felt they've done a great job representing the school during a really tough season. There are always a lot of students in their seats well before kickoff. I'll cut them some slack today.

Reaction Score
I was shocked to see the student section empty today until I realized it is break. I felt they've done a great job representing the school during a really tough season. There are always a lot of students in their seats well before kickoff. I'll cut them some slack today.
Yeah, I'll cut them some slack. I think exams begin in less than 3 weeks and most are using the week to catch up on studies, see family etc. Most of the season, they have been
great and supportive, even in the darkest moments before the coaching changes.

Reaction Score
Thiz was a 1-9, team and the students gave a good account of themselves early in the year. I think a little slack is merited here.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'll cut them some slack. I think exams begin in less than 3 weeks and most are using the week to catch up on studies, see family etc. Most of the season, they have been
great and supportive, even in the darkest moments before the coaching changes.
I'll bet many were recovering from a tough Friday night. Poor showing by them.

Reaction Score
Re: the lack of students - because of the holiday break maybe there were no buses running to bring the students from campus to the stadium? Any one know?

Dorms aren't open till tomorrow, no need for buses. Hope they show up next week.

Reaction Score
Today brought memories pre PP/GDL. Thanks TJ for returning some mojo, and kids came to play. They are very different team than in week 5 and credit goes to coaching this team up.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The other thing that has to be said (so I'll say it) is that they've turned this team around while they are down 2 coaches. To the best of my knowledge, TJ is the head coach, OC, and wide receivers coach (holy $#it!!). Most of the other coaches are in charge of two different units. They have had to juggle who is in the box and who is down on the field in order to get everything sorted out. And all of this while the team was emotionally imploding. Factor in two new QB's and multiple injuries to key players (i.e., Friend, Phillips), and it is more than easy to say that the coaches have done one hell of a job over the last two months. Fantastic job...

Reaction Score
Earth to OP: students are still on break.

Earth to babysheep. 70-80% of the students live in CT. They don't get a pass. When things are good they're great. When things are bad and a bus isn't there to pick them up I guess they have something better to do.

Give credit when they deserve it. No credit when they don't. Today they don't.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Earth to babysheep. 70-80% of the students live in CT. They don't get a pass. When things are good they're great. When things are bad and a bus isn't there to pick them up I guess they have something better to do.

Give credit when they deserve it. No credit when they don't. Today they don't.
Just sayin, most students treat break as a time to chill at home and hang out with friends they haven't seen in a while. And this game was obviously quite inconsequential. I guess you're out of touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom