So proud of these kids. | The Boneyard

So proud of these kids.

Reaction Score
There have been so many times this season where these guys could have gotten down and hung their heads for good but they keep coming back and keep fighting regardless of the previous game. I was nervous after those two rough games vs USF and Cincy. I thought things were in danger of spiraling out of control for a moment there. Then the 4 games in a row by 17 combined points including two overtime losses. A weaker team would have wilted by that point. But Dan Hurley's culture of toughness is shining through and I think we are starting to see the dividends on the court. I still think there are some growing pains but one thing is for sure, this team has grown!

I think even today when Cincy got that late 4 point lead (60-56), they could have shrugged their shoulders and said "Here we go again" and a lot of teams, having experienced what UConn has, may very well have done that. But they finally got it done in the closing minutes and I am hoping this is the start of a special final month or so.

Reaction Score
Belief is the strongest weapon. Ours is only growing

Reaction Score
There have been multiple games we could have given up or imploded or just quit, but we never did. Eventually we'll pick up more wins from these close games just like we did today. There is one thing with this squad that you cannot do right now is say we have no heart. If we could string up some offensive runs and keep our D up, we'd be a bit*ch of a team to play. I can't wait to see our next game.

Reaction Score
Google says that EAD means Employment Authorization Document. Is Josh majoring in Human Resouces?

Reaction Score
Two years ago UConn lost 8 games by 20 or more points. Carlton, Gilbert, Vital and Whaley lived that. Today must taste even sweeter to those kids than it does to us fans. So happy the older guys could experience a piece of the Ascension. Today was the most fun game to watch in a long time.

And Whaley with 5 blocks off the bench. Wow! And overall, it felt like we matched up physically. That was really nice to see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When we got down 10, previous iterations of the team would have folded. Great fight to this team.
Well something strange happened. We’ve not seen too much these past 10 years. A head coach called a timeout.

Reaction Score
There have been so many times this season where these guys could have gotten down and hung their heads for good but they keep coming back and keep fighting regardless of the previous game. I was nervous after those two rough games vs USF and Cincy. I thought things were in danger of spiraling out of control for a moment there. Then the 4 games in a row by 17 combined points including two overtime losses. A weaker team would have wilted by that point. But Dan Hurley's culture of toughness is shining through and I think we are starting to see the dividends on the court. I still think there are some growing pains but one thing is for sure, this team has grown!

I think even today when Cincy got that late 4 point lead (60-56), they could have shrugged their shoulders and said "Here we go again" and a lot of teams, having experienced what UConn has, may very well have done that. But they finally got it done in the closing minutes and I am hoping this is the start of a special final month or so.
To be fair, having a senior like vital, who leaves everything on the floor each game, makes a difference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom