Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
G-Adams
G-Purvis
F-Larrier
F-Facey
C-Brimah

This group will start, and get off to slow starts.

First sub - Alterique in for Facey; This will be our optimal lineup to change gears, but will struggle BIGLY(thanks Trump) rebounding the ball. But in the right matchup, vrooom.

Reaction Score
Not sure how you can come to this conclusion before a game has even been played.

I thought this last season with Purvis as well. I think everyone can agree Jalen and Larrier are locks as starters, that's just common sense. If I were coaching this team halfway through the season I would have Purvis be the first player off the bench. As a fifth year senior throw some extra motivation at him and light a fire under his . Energy and defensive intensity are some of the best qualities to come off the bench and that's exactly what Purvis' strengths are. If Jalen's shot improves from last year and he's in the 35-40% range for 3s then we don't necessarily need to start Purvis, and can afford experimenting with the dual ball-handling of Alterique and Jalen which will give opposing teams serious trouble on defense.

Now if Jalen and Alterique are both struggling from 3 this year then fine, scrap this idea and have Purvis start to stretch the floor with his shooting ability.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree with you. I'm not too concerned with who starts, but I am very interested with who's on the floor during winning time.

Nice post DogMania.

I agree with just about everything you said. I'm definitely worried about rebounding to start the season. I'm really hoping we continue to see quality ball movement as we get into the season. The last couple of seasons I feel as if there has been too much one on one with a poor shot sent up as the shot clock was winding down.

Reaction Score
I thought this last season with Purvis as well. I think everyone can agree Jalen and Larrier are locks as starters, that's just common sense. If I were coaching this team halfway through the season I would have Purvis be the first player off the bench. As a fifth year senior throw some extra motivation at him and light a fire under his . Energy and defensive intensity are some of the best qualities to come off the bench and that's exactly what Purvis' strengths are. If Jalen's shot improves from last year and he's in the 35-40% range for 3s then we don't necessarily need to start Purvis, and can afford experimenting with the dual ball-handling of Alterique and Jalen which will give opposing teams serious trouble on defense.

Now if Jalen and Alterique are both struggling from 3 this year then fine, scrap this idea and have Purvis start to stretch the floor with his shooting ability.

I agree with this last season. Rodney brought a lot of energy off the bench as a sixth man.

My point is more to do with this season. Rodney may be our best scorer this year, we really don't know yet with all the new cogs. Until we see how the team gels it's way to early to make a determination to bring Rodney off the bench at midseason. Also given Alterique's speed and athleticism he may fit better into the sixth man role while he gains more experience.

At this point, no-one knows but it's going to be fun finding out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom