so now who do we add? | The Boneyard

so now who do we add?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
it looks like the Big East will be adding a team or two and we'll be with them. i had a feeling this would be our end position. ND and TX hold all the cards and they like having the BE and B12 respectively as their lackees, so it looks like we'll keep the status quo minus Cuse and Pitt. the ACC, BigTen and PAC12 will continue to hold out for them.

now we have to seriously figure out which teams to add. i think we need to add 3 just in case we become a target for the B12. i have a feeling the B12 may look at Memphis so they might not be an option any more. they may even try to poach TCU, Louisville and/or Cincinnati if they want to get to 12 for a championship game.

hopefully the idea of upgrading Nova is officially put to bed. I think at this point football quality is more important than TV markets and we should go for ECU, UCF and Temple. i really don't buy that the service academies want to join this mess, although i'd love to go to West Point and Annapolis for a game if they do. i think this is pretty close to the worst case scenerio, and hopefully we'll be out the door the next go around.

Reaction Score
Why ND doesn't just jump in and take control boggles my mind. They could dictate practically anything they want. Add Navy to keep that series alive.

With ND, TCU and Navy we still have 9 teams. ND could play 4 teams on year and 4 teams the next giving them plenty of room to play their "rivals".

TV money.....who knows. Just get them.

Reaction Score
Memphis and end it there. From a BCS stand-point Pitt and SU were irrelevant both in terms of bowl travel and results

Reaction Score
I would try to get the Big 12 to take us along with WVU, Cincy, Ville, TCU and Rutgers and encourage the Big 12 East and West concept. If somebody gets a good offer to leave, that conference could handle it. It gets Big 12 into some larger markets and honestly, if you your are traveling to Cincy and Louisville what's another hour? It just gives everyone more security, including the current B12 members that arent TX and OK. Waiting around for the ACC is risky.

Reaction Score
Memphis and end it there. From a BCS stand-point Pitt and SU were irrelevant both in terms of bowl travel and results
Ha! Those two programs had street cred/aka known as football tradition.

We are in REAL danger of playing football in a non bcs conference. We better pray WVU and Louisville don't get invites to the Big 12, or we may be fuuked!

Reaction Score
Why ND doesn't just jump in and take control boggles my mind. They could dictate practically anything they want.

ND already dictates everything, so why should they jump in to play only BE teams in FB when they don't have to.

Reaction Score
Ha! Those two programs had street cred/aka known as football tradition.

We are in REAL danger of playing football in a non bcs conference. We better pray WVU and Louisville don't get invites to the Big 12, or we may be fuuked!

in reality adding Cuse and Pitt only further waters down the ACC's weak football. the gap between perceived quality and actual quality got even wider, which i didn't think was possible for ACC football.

i wouldn't mind adding Memphis and staying there, but it seems like adding an extra team or two might not be a bad idea. As for those that are worried about Louisville leaving, i wouldn't be surprised if bball keeps them here. as much as people here hate the hybrid conference, our bball keeps us attractive to schools like Louisville and Cinci that might otherwise bolt.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Memphis might DROP football. Stop with Memphis. Just a horrific move.

Reaction Score
Bolt where? Another BCS conference comes calling and they are gone. Just like the rest of us.

The only thing that has kept any football school in the big east is not having a viable alternative, not the quality of the basketball that's for sure.

Reaction Score
ND already dictates everything, so why should they jump in to play only BE teams in FB when they don't have to.

I was talking in terms of eventually it is seen that ND is going to have to pick a conference (1 month or 5 years...who knows)

They could have their cake and eat it to. Play 4 Big East games and 8 out of conference games a year and keep much of their TV contract with NBC. Right now the Big East is a sinking ship and ND holds all the cards.

Reaction Score
Bolt where? Another BCS conference comes calling and they are gone. Just like the rest of us.

The only thing that has kept any football school in the big east is not having a viable alternative, not the quality of the basketball that's for sure.
they could bolt to the Big12. if you don't think any BE teams will be targets for the wounded Big12 you're delusional

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am a little lost on the service academies. Why is the Big East in such a rush to add them? Do we think their inclusion will put political pressure on the BCS to keep us in? None of Air Force, Army or Navy will ever be good enough to play in a BCS game. It will draw some viewers to be sure, but I don't see the value beyond that.

Reaction Score
I think the service academies get good tv ratings and they will stay put. Marinatto will try to grow the conference a lot. If anyone leaves, he'll still have more teams to work with. It seems like a numbers grab rather than quality. It will basically be a Conference USA level mess he puts together.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think the Big East should not add any teams without running them by a media consultant and Comcast. Hopefully that goes without saying.

Reaction Score
I agree with you, and if Texas agrees to play nice, the big 12 is a lot more desirable and stable than the big east. If that offer comes WVU and Ville are most likely gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom