So much to like about Sanogo's skillset and game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So much to like about Sanogo's skillset and game

Reaction Score
I want him here for this year and next which is a dream. I was crucified for mentioning Sanogo in the same sentence as Okafor a while back. Always hard to compare but Sanogo has better footwork and touch this early. Oak did everything for us. It’s very early I understand but we’ll see.

They might be comprable offensively at this same stage. Okafor was 10x the defender. Sanogo is going to need to triple his BPG and get twice as light on his feet if he wants to be in that conversation. It's not a fair comparison.

Reaction Score
They might be comprable offensively at this same stage. Okafor was 10x the defender. Sanogo is going to need to triple his BPG and get twice as light on his feet if he wants to be in that conversation. It's not a fair comparison.
Game tapes of both in year 2 against a quality opponent would be a way to evaluate. You can't do it by comparing finished product national champ Okafor at this time in Sanogo's carrer. As I said let's see what develops.

Reaction Score
Game tapes of both in year 2 against a quality opponent would be a way to evaluate. You can't do it by comparing finished product national champ Okafor at this time in Sanogo's carrer. As I said let's see what develops.

I wasn't comparing junior year to freshman year. Look at freshman year stats. Emeka averaged 4.1 blocks per game as a freshman in a better big east. Sanogo isn't remotely close to that level on defense. 99% of great college players won't be.

If Sanogo isn't as good as okafor it isn't a knock on Sanogo. That'a unrealistic expectations to set by a healthy margin. Stop this nonsense.

Reaction Score
I wasn't comparing junior year to freshman year. Look at freshman year stats. Emeka averaged 4.1 blocks per game as a freshman in a better big east. Sanogo isn't remotely close to that level on defense. 99% of great college players won't be.

If Sanogo isn't as good as okafor it isn't a knock on Sanogo. That'a unrealistic expectations to set by a healthy margin. Stop this nonsense.
Yeah, and on a better team. Let’s see what Sanogo does this year.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and on a better team. Let’s see what Sanogo does this year.

Yes. So earning minutes and being a go-to guy was harder. You're making less and less sense

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
So much to like about Sanogo's skillset and game. Strength, footwork, soft touch, efficiency.

The game is moving at the right speed for him and he seems in command of himself on the floor.

the best thing about Sanogo is how simple he makes everything. Ball, dribble, turn over a shoulder, shoot. He doesn't ever get those ticky tack pushoff calls, the travels, the offensive fouls.

Simple, efficient, brutal.

I like how much lateral space he takes up. He also never gets moved, backed down because he has such good lower body strength.

He is not playing like a sophomore. To me, he is more in tune with his strength and his skillset than most seniors are. The man doesn't waste any energy out there. It's a thing of beauty, but I marvel at his efficiency more than anything else.

I was crucified for mentioning Sanogo in the same sentence as Okafor a while back. Always hard to compare but Sanogo has better footwork and touch this early.

The first half of the second game of Mek's Freshman year, I knew that it was his team, and we would go as far as he could carry us. Not quite there as regards Sanogo yet, but the potential is beyond exciting.

Wonder though, if DH will the testes to sit him for most of the first half in the final four to be sure he has him at the end of the game, the way JC did with Mek against Duke.

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to find out!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I mean this with respect and I'll take whatever thumps I get for saying it. He reminds me of Dejuan Blair and we remind me of the great Pitt teams.

Reaction Score
I mean this with respect and I'll take whatever thumps I get for saying it. He reminds me of Dejuan Blair and we remind me of the great Pitt teams.
Three 6-6 and 3 6-9 guys, ranging from decent to excellent athleticism, and willing to wear you out on defense. More than a fair comparison.

Reaction Score
Very interesting comparison...

Reaction Score
Yes. So earning minutes and being a go-to guy was harder. You're making less and less sense
You don’t have much confidence in his ability, potential improvement, or ceiling it seems. Fine.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I Know Lol GIF by HBO Max

She stole that from The Warriors.

Reaction Score
You don’t have much confidence in his ability, potential improvement, or ceiling it seems. Fine.

Sanogo is going to be the best big in the big east this year. I have uber confidence in him as a player.

Emeka was maybe the best big in college basketball of the 2000s. He is far and away our best big man ever. It's not a knock on Sanogo to say he'll be really, really good but he won't be a generational talent.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Sanogo is going to be that good. Defense is the difference. There's simply no way he's going to have seasons averaging 4+ blocks a game.

You can't seriously believe this.

Reaction Score
Blair had his way with Thabeet head to head. We may find out if Sanogo can have his way with the talented skinny freshman center Holmgren from Gonzaga if we meet in the tournament, or against Kessler of Auburn or against Georgetown's freshman center Mutombo.

No shame to compare us to those rugged Pitt teams. Though, I would say we are quicker than they were.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Sanogo is going to be the best big in the big east this year. I have uber confidence in him as a player.

Emeka was maybe the best big in college basketball of the 2000s. He is far and away our best big man ever. It's not a knock on Sanogo to say he'll be really, really good but he won't be a generational talent.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Sanogo is going to be that good. Defense is the difference. There's simply no way he's going to have seasons averaging 4+ blocks a game.

You can't seriously believe this.
I agree here but I do think we’re about to see Sanogo become a national name if we have any success in Atlantis.

Reaction Score

In this great interview by Dave Borges with Clingan, talk of Sanogo to NBA comes up several times.

Even Hurley discussed it with Clingan and how it could affect his PT freshman year depending on what Adama decides..

Reaction Score
the best thing about Sanogo is how simple he makes everything. Ball, dribble, turn over a shoulder, shoot. He doesn't ever get those ticky tack pushoff calls, the travels, the offensive fouls.

Simple, efficient, brutal.

Very collected and great footwork!! Never looks rushed.

Reaction Score
Having a strong body, inside and possibly someday outside shooting touch, great footwork and 6’9” sounds like the NBA to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom