So much for trips to Texas | The Boneyard

So much for trips to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
TCU has been invited to B12 and are all-but-sure to accept.

Bummer. SEC getting more access to TX with addition of A&M, while BE loses its supposed-to-be-coming access.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
When Big 12 members started to wander off, this was pretty much inevitable....imo. The Big 12 didn't want TCU till they needed TCU. That won't erase the smiles at TCU one bit.....my bet is that they are thrilled. Think that campus might be a bit jacked up to have Texas and Oklahoma come for a football game?

Reaction Score
I can't fault TCU for wanting to go to the SEC with the Big East falling apart especially if UCONN and Rutgers go to the ACC.

Reaction Score
I assume TCU will end up with more money by going to the Big 12,
but if their goal is to get to more BCS bowl games they obviously
would have a better shot in the Big East (assuming the Big East can
keep its BCS status).

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Let's face it, the B12 is a much better fit for them than the BE.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I smell a rat... UConn may end up turning out the lights when the Big East collapses...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, TCU certainly was not going to save the conference! Lotta bad things going on, but losing TCU is not one of them, imho.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I smell a rat... UConn may end up turning out the lights when the Big East collapses...

Seems to me that whatever happens to the Big East, UConn is a major force in college basketball (and growing in football) and will wind up in an appropriate conference. Is there really any concern that that won't happen?

Reaction Score
Seems to me that whatever happens to the Big East, UConn is a major force in college basketball (and growing in football) and will wind up in an appropriate conference. Is there really any concern that that won't happen?
I do agree that the Basketball teams will be fine! I say this tongue and cheek because while Womens basketball IMHO remains what it was meant to be an exc:)ellent representitive of being a Student/Athlete at a major University! As for mens basketball it is shameful! Of course they are not alone by any means. We can all,well many of us who are not in denial, innumerate the differences which are well documented!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Logistically, it makes much more sense for TCU to be in the Big 12. Can you imagine the added costs (in terms of dollars and travel time) for the non-revenue sports to go between schools in the Northeast and TCU?

Then again, I didn't think Boston College belonged in the ACC for the same reason (but at least that is in the same time zone).

Reaction Score
Logistically, it makes much more sense for TCU to be in the Big 12. Can you imagine the added costs (in terms of dollars and travel time) for the non-revenue sports to go between schools in the Northeast and TCU?

Then again, I didn't think Boston College belonged in the ACC for the same reason (but at least that is in the same time zone).

The Big East is facing desperate times and considering taking desperate measures. The teams being bantered about as possible invites include Air Force, BYU, Boise State, Houston and SMU. Forget Houston and SMU being one time zone over. Air Force, BYU and Boise State would be TWO time zones difference. Adding these schools for all sports will really increase travel costs as well as impact the ability to attend classes. And I cannot imagine traveling to Idaho in the middle of winter. I think the intent is to invite them for football only...but that just seems so strange.

The Big East is in fact a hot mess right now. If I were only a basketball fan I wouldn't care because I know the basketball teams will be fine. But as a fan of the football team as well, it is frustrating to know that UConn is basically powerless to control its own conference destiny.

Reaction Score
Give credit to TCU for pulling a rabbit out of a hat. They join the Big East, which is a weird fit at best. Then two significant football teams leave the Big East and TCU looks to be up the creek without a paddle. Instead, they get to join a conference that right now not only is stronger than the Big East, football-wise, but is a much better geographic fit. Those of us who were feeling sorry for them are shaking our heads. They sure landed on their feet.

Reaction Score
There is some talk that the Big East might take SMU and/or Houston. If that happened then Uconn would obviously be making some trips to Texas.

Also, Uconn has a trip to Baylor planned for this year. If Uconn will agree to extend the series and play more games with BU in the future then that would be more opportunities to play in Texas as well.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul