So long Varitek and Posada | The Boneyard

So long Varitek and Posada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Sox signed Shoppach to back up Salty today. Most likely all she wrote for JV who will join Posada looking for another gig. They should suck it up retire together.

Reaction Score
Posada made $13 million last year thanks to Hank's brief reign at the helm. He knows there's no way in hell a team will match that, and I'll be surprised if he plays again. Varitek has had 5 years of steadily decreasing salaries. Wouldn't surprise me to see him try to latch on somewhere as a a backup, for another pay cut.

BTW - with the Sox signing Shoppach, who hit below .200 the past two seasons, it shows how well the Yanks are positioned with Montero, Romine and Sanchez in their system.

Reaction Score
Posada made $13 million last year thanks to Hank's brief reign at the helm. He knows there's no way in hell a team will match that, and I'll be surprised if he plays again. Varitek has had 5 years of steadily decreasing salaries. Wouldn't surprise me to see him try to latch on somewhere as a a backup, for another pay cut.

BTW - with the Sox signing Shoppach, who hit below .200 the past two seasons, it shows how well the Yanks are positioned with Montero, Romine and Sanchez in their system.
AND JR Murphy

Reaction Score

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sox sign Varitek as a coach.

Reaction Score
I think the Sox should sign Posada for the minimum and the Yanks should do likewise with Varitek. It'd be worth it for both teams to get pitchers tendencies and other info. Any scenario related to baseball playing ability and both are worthless on ML level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom