So know any player can apply for draft? | The Boneyard

So know any player can apply for draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For a month without repercussion? What will stop hundred of hundred of players from doing this? Sounds like potential chaos

Reaction Score
Chaos is you not getting out your prediction for 2016-2017 season before the end of the month. Get back to work!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The NCAA wanted to let as many kids as possible have access to Chief's life coaching, but he's still busy with Jerome Dyson's file.

So the NCAA just figured to let the NBA handle it.

Reaction Score
For a month without repercussion? What will stop hundred of hundred of players from doing this? Sounds like potential chaos

Not sure what chaos you're envisioning, except for some roster uncertainty for the staffs of schools, which was why they wanted it the way it used to be. They wanted to keep the status quo where the coaches have their rosters intact in April and the kids are left making decisions without adequate input.

Why is it that you want them not to do it?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not sure what chaos you're envisioning, except for some roster uncertainty for the staffs of schools, which was why they wanted it the way it used to be. They wanted to keep the status quo where the coaches have their rosters intact in April and the kids are left making decisions without adequate input.

Why is it that you want them not to do it?

It throws his mock draft into a state of flux.

Reaction Score
Really does it though? I mean Hamilton already declared and the Sixers are pretty much a lock at #1 to take him.

Am I wrong?

Reaction Score
I think you have to be invited to the NBA combine. It's not as though anyone declaring can go from any school.

It's really a great idea and system, if anything it should make college better because borderline kids will probably stay in school if NBA scouts evaluate them and tell them where they would go and what they have to work on.

Reaction Score
I think you have to be invited to the NBA combine. It's not as though anyone declaring can go from any school.

It's really a great idea and system, if anything it should make college better because borderline kids will probably stay in school if NBA scouts evaluate them and tell them where they would go and what they have to work on.
You do have to be invited, but even if you're not you still have an opportunity to work out independently with NBA teams, speaking to team reps, etc. It's a far better situation for the players. And let's be honest, discussing your game with a bunch of team reps and working out with them without hiring an agent does not negate your amateur status.

Reaction Score
Really does it though? I mean Hamilton already declared and the Sixers are pretty much a lock at #1 to take him.

Am I wrong?

That's if the Sixers get the #1 pick in the lottery, they could end up with Miller at 2 or Gibbs at 3. If they have terrible luck, Nolan at 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom