So its official | The Boneyard

So its official

Reaction Score
We are the undisputed worst college football program in the nation with record-breaking stats that claim we are the worst college football program of all time. The world is having fun laughing at us and our players don't seem to really mind it too much. Here's to setting new lows next week!

Reaction Score
We are the undisputed worst college football program in the nation with record-breaking stats that claim we are the worst college football program of all time. The world is having fun laughing at us and our players don't seem to really mind it too much. Here's to setting new lows next week!
1633823021870.png

Reaction Score
I heard a radio ad basically saying if you're a degenerate gambler their gambling website will give some a reason to actually turn on a UConn game. Ouch!

Reaction Score
I used to think it was just the coaching…. I used to think it was the talent level… both are still true. But many Of the players look like they are just there for the free ride and are counting the minutes until the game is over.
I think we need to look at all those scholarships next year and reconsider who comes back and who needs to be replaced. Some players perhaps are not playing well enough to maintain that scholarship for next year. Cleaning the house is a good idea across the coaching staff which is planned and perhaps some players too if that is possible.

Reaction Score
The covid thing killed us today. Spanos is the leader. He was gone and we were lost. He’s a talented motivator. He may not be a great head coach, but he’s good for the team. Aside from that, injuries are just crushing us.

Reaction Score
The covid thing killed us today. Spanos is the leader. He was gone and we were lost. He’s a talented motivator. He may not be a great head coach, but he’s good for the team. Aside from that, injuries are just crushing us.
They weren't playing Alabama. Should have had a much better showing. Too many excuses here. The coaching today was the worst ever.

Reaction Score

With or without Spanos we lose to Umass today. The players don't want to win. They've shown it in their playing and also in their actions. For every positive during games players take it upon themselves to make sure they do whatever it takes to will the team to a loss like the brutal (unnecessary) roughness penalty when we took a last-minute lead vs. Vandy.... which wasn't the only dumb penalty players committed to will themselves to a loss...

Per the NY Times article last year...

“They say to me: Coach, there’s no way that we can play a season,” Edsall said.

Does that sound like a bunch of football-hungry players that want to turn this program around to you?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I could not go or watch the game today
My question - how much of a difference would it have been if Spanos and the other Covid afflicted folks were there?

Reaction Score
They had to two years to prepare, no matter who the coach was.

Reaction Score
The whole operation needs to be blown up and restarted (or not, depending on your viewpoint), every single aspect of it. And, please let’s not even speak about conference realignment. Our football standing will keep us out of any P5 conference, we could win the next 10 hoops titles on both the men’s and women’s sides and it wouldn’t change a thing. Everything rides on this next hire but we need a JC type program builder to come in and take responsibility for everything and we need an AD and administration will let him and therein lies the rub.

Reaction Score
With or without Spanos we lose to Umass today. The players don't want to win. They've shown it in their playing and also in their actions. For every positive during games players take it upon themselves to make sure they do whatever it takes to will the team to a loss like the brutal (unnecessary) roughness penalty when we took a last-minute lead vs. Vandy.... which wasn't the only dumb penalty players committed to will themselves to a loss...

Does that sound like a bunch of football-hungry players that want to turn this program around to you?
Doesn’t sound like a bunch of fighters to me. However I do not believe RE. There may have been a couple that didn’t want to play like RVD but I hope most wanted to play. If not UCONN has the WKGs

Reaction Score
I knew the second the news broke on Friday about Spanos and the others that it would serve its purpose. As an excuse for the humiliation that was coming.

Reaction Score
The whole operation needs to be blown up and restarted (or not, depending on your viewpoint), every single aspect of it. And, please let’s not even speak about conference realignment. Our football standing will keep us out of any P5 conference, we could win the next 10 hoops titles on both the men’s and women’s sides and it wouldn’t change a thing. Everything rides on this next hire but we need a JC type program builder to come in and take responsibility for everything and we need an AD and administration will let him and therein lies the rub.
Between millions for repairs at the Rent, and millions for a new football staff, not sure if it’s worth as a CT taxpayer.

Reaction Score
Yes. It is official. We are the new “Rutgers” ie laughing stock of college football.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think we have a ton of players that are lucky to be playing FBS college ball. They are FCS and D2 caliber players and talent doesn't lie.

That's what Canada produces. Some folks didn't wanna listen.

Reaction Score

Do yourself and everyone else a favor. Unplug your keyboard and drive over it with your vehicle.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
On the bright side, today’s game should go along way toward “abolishing” any talk of keeping the existing coaching staff.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Leave it to an all time stupid post to take me out of semi-retirement. The players don't want to win?

I can guarantee you've never played football past pee-wees. If you did, you were the guy on the sidelines all game who used to bang his helmet into the painted garbage cans of opposing HS teams on the walk back to the bus, just to make it look like you played.

It's impossible to be stupid enough to actively participate in a sport so violent, while trying to lose. Lack of talent and/or proper coaching does not equal lack of heart or desire. You'd know that if you knew that.

Reaction Score
Hard to argue against this. We set a new low. I didn't expect that. O fight in the 2nd half, other than a few players that I thought kept fighting, primarily Nate Carter

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom