So it looks like PCU again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So it looks like PCU again

Reaction Score
Since Javon Freeman-Liberty's concussion, DePaul has been forced to play a bigger lineup with Moore, a wing and three forwards.

The emergence of early-enrollee David Jones has helped with that big time, he didn't play against us in our two games, but he's been averaging in the high teens of minutes the last month.

This type of lineup matches up well with Providence's lineup of Bynum, two bigs and then tweener guys like Duke and Reeves.

Reaction Score
Really, if you can’t beat DePaul, should you be wasting money on even having a basketball program? Drop it, save the money. This is a program which hasn’t had a winning season since they joined the big East in 2004-05. No, I take that back, they did have a winning season in 2018-19 but only because they beat a bunch of low mid majors on there way to the finals of something called the CBI which appears to be a mid-major tournament that takes teams with losing records. The ultimate everyone gets a trophy event, I guess. My original point stands though. If you fear the Blue Deamons, drop basketball and use the savings for something useful like better quality fruits in the dining halls.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We want PC. Beating depaul doesn't help our NET. If we can't beat PC then we have nothing to worry about anyway.

Reaction Score
We want PC. Beating depaul doesn't help our NET. If we can't beat PC then we have nothing to worry about anyway.
Completely agree. I will take any wins we can get, but I really want to see PC, Creighton and Villanofun.

Reaction Score
I don’t like the idea of having to play a team with a 1 game head start
i doubt you'll find a coach that prefers finishing outside the top 3 so they avoid playing a team with a 1 game head start

Reaction Score
i doubt you'll find a coach that prefers finishing outside the top 3 so they avoid playing a team with a 1 game head start
Calhoun said he would rather play than sit around.

Reaction Score
Calhoun said he would rather play than sit around.
Calhoun also said to automatically sit guys with two fouls in the first half, and not foul up by 3 in the waning seconds, and he was wrong about those too.

Reaction Score
Not against Duke in 2004 he wasn't. Coach K didn't give a damn though and paid the price in the end while Okafor was finishing the game, taking care of business.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Not PC. They never brought the desire to win.

Reaction Score
Peace Out Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Multiple fire Cooley threads on their board. Didn't they just sign him to a 10 year contract between 30-40 million? It was just a couple years ago they thought they were losing him to Michigan, lol.

Reaction Score
Multiple fire Cooley threads on their board. Didn't they just sign him to a 10 year contract between 30-40 million? It was just a couple years ago they thought they were losing him to Michigan, lol.
Love it. That’s what......$15-$20 million per NCAA tournament win???

Reaction Score
DePaul looked really solid tonight. When they have it going, Moore and Freeman-Liberty are two good scorers and Paulicap can lock the paint down defensively. I think we all figured Providence would win, and I know UConn is better, but this is a good reminder to ignore who your opponent is during tournament time. I wouldn’t blindly expect a cake walk tomorrow.

Reaction Score
DePaul looked really solid tonight. When they have it going, Moore and Freeman-Liberty are two good scorers and Paulicap can lock the paint down defensively. I think we all figured Providence would win, and I know UConn is better, but this is a good reminder to ignore who your opponent is during tournament time. I wouldn’t blindly expect a cake walk tomorrow.
Anyone who “figured” pc would win hasn’t been watching pc

Reaction Score
I'm going to blindly expect a cake walk tomorrow.

Depaul can't shoot and they're going to try and finish in the paint against us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom