So it looks like PCU again | The Boneyard

So it looks like PCU again

Reaction Score
In their two meetings this year, PC won 95-90 and 57-47. Both games relatively competitive. I would expect PC to be favored but it should be a close game.

Reaction Score
i'll be watching the game closely! while i imagine pc wins, it'd be nice to see their guys have to grind it out for 40 minutes before facing a rested husky team.

Reaction Score
I think Providence plays with more discipline than DePaul. PC should win.

Reaction Score
As a PC fan, DePaul scares me. They are such underachievers, I'm afraid that they will play up to their talent at some point. They won at Marquette and St. John's, should have beaten us the first time we played, and went down to the final minutes against UConn, Creighton, and Seton Hall.

We should win, but I'd rather open with Butler or Marquette.

Reaction Score
PeeCee fans on their board are already planning for a 3rd game vs UConn. Lots of talk there but it's not about DePaul. ?

Reaction Score
I definitely think DePaul could beat providence. I think DePaul is one of the most athletic teams in the conference besides UConn, they just have a ton of trouble protecting the ball and finishing out games. If I were a PC fan I wouldn’t be acting like I have an easy ride to get to UConn. If PC is slightly off, DePaul could take that game

Reaction Score
I watched the end of the PC/Nova game. Was pretty surprised PC wasn't taking more control. More specifically, I was surprised Duke wasn't able to control the game more. He was a player of the year candidate. Was being guarded by people he should of been able to take advantage of. PC is looking like a team in disarray. Similar to my feelings about Seton Hall, I don't have tons of faith in PC at the moment. I'm not counting out DePaul.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I don’t like the idea of having to play a team with a 1 game head start. We need to be very careful of this late game with anyone getting their sea legs in the same time slot the night before. Whoever it is we better be ready to play.

Reaction Score
As a PC fan, DePaul scares me. They are such underachievers, I'm afraid that they will play up to their talent at some point. They won at Marquette and St. John's, should have beaten us the first time we played, and went down to the final minutes against UConn, Creighton, and Seton Hall.

I saw that double OT game. I recalled the same thing-DePaul should've won that first game in Providence. Penciling in Providence automatically would be a mistake. But if they do win, they are more than capable of beating UConn with Bouknight. That's why I hope DePaul gives them a tough match down to the wire and wears out PC. I wanted St. John's in that #6 slot. As for PC, if I were a fan of them, I would rather play DePaul than Marquette. Marquette has the big guys to gang up on Watson and DJ Carton can really control a game and I would take him over Bynum or Breed.

UConn's players should be confident, but I do worry about overconfidence and them being full of themselves. They are not good enough, like past UConn teams, to do this and still win.

Reaction Score
Our fans are already planning on being a 4/5 seed after winning the BET. Not too different.
I agree. I am really tempering my expectations of UConn in the BET. By no means are they a shoo-in to win the BET.

Reaction Score
I don’t like the idea of having to play a team with a 1 game head start. We need to be very careful of this late game with anyone getting their sea legs in the same time slot the night before. Whoever it is we better be ready to play.

It gets worse in a larger conference...

The ACC #1-4 have a bye...thus it is possible that Notre Dame would have two games under their belt before they would meet VT in the Hokies first game.

For...Irish have two fresh games
Against...Irish might have tired legs.

Might be better to play a team that is coming off of a tough game...

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I definitely think DePaul could beat providence. I think DePaul is one of the most athletic teams in the conference besides UConn, they just have a ton of trouble protecting the ball and finishing out games. If I were a PC fan I wouldn’t be acting like I have an easy ride to get to UConn. If PC is slightly off, DePaul could take that game
or if PC was looking ahead for a rematch with us!

Reaction Score

it's funny -- i feel similarly about providence. too much talent to be a low seed, which makes y'all scary. uconn will have the best player on the floor, but pc will have both the second and third best. plus, uconn has historically given up huge games to guys like horchler.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

The ACC #1-4 have a bye...thus it is possible that Notre Dame would have two games under their belt before they would meet VT in the Hokies first game.

I never bought the tired legs stuff. These are 18-22 year old kids who ball hard every day. UConn probably counts game days as days off with the way they practice.

18-22 year olds, however, can overplay with the emotions of being on a tournament stage. All of a sudden there are expectations on our guys. Playing in the garden on that stage. They could press to start the game and find themselves down double digits easily against a team who has worked out those kinks. I'll go back and look at the data to try to disprove my position on this.

Reaction Score

Yep.....Potentially have to win 5 games in 5 days. No one can do that. Oh wait.... ?

Reaction Score
Yep.....Potentially have to win 5 games in 5 days. No one can do that. Oh wait.... ?

That 2011 team was special... From #9 seed in BE tournament to #3 in NCAA.

Reaction Score
it's funny -- i feel similarly about providence. too much talent to be a low seed, which makes y'all scary. uconn will have the best player on the floor, but pc will have both the second and third best. plus, uconn has historically given up huge games to guys like horchler.
And UConn will have the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th best players.

Reaction Score
I saw that double OT game. I recalled the same thing-DePaul should've won that first game in Providence. Penciling in Providence automatically would be a mistake. But if they do win, they are more than capable of beating UConn with Bouknight. That's why I hope DePaul gives them a tough match down to the wire and wears out PC. I wanted St. John's in that #6 slot. As for PC, if I were a fan of them, I would rather play DePaul than Marquette. Marquette has the big guys to gang up on Watson and DJ Carton can really control a game and I would take him over Bynum or Breed.

UConn's players should be confident, but I do worry about overconfidence and them being full of themselves. They are not good enough, like past UConn teams, to do this and still win.
While the Big East is down compared to the left few years, the fact remains that all 11 teams have enough talent to win a given game. If any team doesn't bring their A game, they might have an early exit.

We don't have multiple bottom feeders like the ACC or SEC.

Reaction Score
Jackson really put the clamps on Duke in the most recent game. Duke was 3-16. And Sanogo and Whaley both had sub par games. That was the game where Bouk came off he bench.

Should be interesting but if things go to form we should win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom