So I'm at the UNCW - Deleware game | The Boneyard

So I'm at the UNCW - Deleware game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And Elena may be the laziest bball player i've ever seen.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Yeah, she averages a "lazy" 28 or 29 per game. GMAB.

Reaction Score
Last player down the court every play. <shrug>

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
LOL. EDD with 22 pts and 12 rebounds with 10+ min to play. LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
UNCW double team
a6f88845-39d6-7172.jpg

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Last player down the court every play. <shrug>

This from a long term fan with great respect for Elena and her family:

I watched her play last week.

She sure does look slow compared to UConn speed. But that is the pace at which Delaware plays. They never push the ball up court. I think the Delaware coach wants Elena to play 40 minutes a game because they don't have a lot of other good scorers. So -- the coach has chosen to have EDD conserve her energy.

I was disappointed in the pace of the game -- and in Elena's "hustle factor" on defense, or getting rebounds. But she still had 10-15 rebounds, and scored 30 points. She is a very efficient player. And a phenomenal shooter.

This said, it's a glaring truth that to play at UConn Elena would have to make some BIG changes in her effort and pace of play. I don't doubt she could and would do this if she were playing in the UConn environment.

When she was at the USA Basketball try-outs for the World University Games last summer, observers said her play improved rapidly each day she was there. And she made the team. And she was "the best USA player at the Games." (i.e. she adapted quickly to the faster pace of play; and to the expectations of her coaches and teammates.)

It is fair to say that in the Delaware environment, Elena's talent far exceeds her achievement. That is an observation not a criticism. Elena reflects her environment; and to a significant degree, she is trapped in it.

Stay tuned. It will be interesting to see where (if ?)Elena plays Basketball after Delaware, and to what level she develops her game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
First, it's "Delaware."

Second, Elena is not lazy. If you know anything about her workouts, you would know that.

I have seen her in person twice and on TV a few times, including on Sunday. She is not fast like Tina Charles. She is not strong like Maya Moore. She plays hard, though not UConn hard. Elena is a smart ballplayer who is uberskilled. In most games, she gets manhandled and still puts up 28 and 10. Repeat--EDD is not lazy.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
EDD finishes with 29 pts, 14 rebounds, 4 assts, 2 steals, 3 blocks. Kid can't play a lick....

Reaction Score
From the above, I'd have to classify her as an underachiever. Too bad, she probably could have made something of herself.

Reaction Score
From the above, I'd have to classify her as an underachiever. Too bad, she probably could have made something of herself.

Yep, chose a career in the minors.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
She's efficient. No, she will never be confused with Tiff or Banks, but as OC said, they start a game thinking they may need 40 minutes form her.

Have you watched Griner? Same thing. She lopes, because she knows she may not get a breather.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yep, chose a career in the minors.
Who chose a career near to her sister with whom she can only communicate by touch, not letters, not phones calls, not pictures, only by touch. Elena chose to be eight miles from home and Lizzie. That choice was priceless.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So Delaware is ranked #12 now? I know you really shouldnt compare scores and stuff..... but Delaware only beat UNCW 62-53. Duke beat UNCW 107-45. Its gonna be interesting to see how high Delaware and UWGB will be seeded in the NCAA's. I wouldnt mind seeing them placed in the Raleigh Region

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Green Bay only lost by ten points to Baylor in Dallas last year in the tourney. They will make themselves a pain in the ass. I think elite teams will figure out what to do against Delaware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom