So if you are Cav | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So if you are Cav

Reaction Score
UMass is a classic let-down game after this run we’ve been on.

I go with Huska.

I don't see a let-down now. IMO, the let-down would have come in the 3rd period of the BU game. If UConn wins and Maine doesn't get at least 3 out of 4 points @ BC, we finish #5 and get a bye. Cavanaugh will drill that into their heads effectively and these kids have an old-fashion chip on their shoulders. (Of course, then we would have to go to Agganis for a best of 3 vs. BU.)

Reaction Score
I DO see a letdown now. In fact they were in letdown mode against BU for the first two periods. It can happen again.

Regardless, gotta go with Huska. Creel was spectacular in spots Friday night but let in a couple week ones too. Huska needs the work. Creel needs the rest. The choice is obvious. If Huska plays out of his mind Thursday night, he starts the tournament. Even if he starts shaky due to rust but finishes with several outright stonings. Otherwise it is Creel. Not rocket science.

Reaction Score
I don’t love Huska personally. To me he is technically sound but lacks fire. He makes regular saves but for big plaque not so much. Creel on the other had seems to have trouble controlling rebounds and it’s true he goes down too often. But he is 7-1 in last 8 and a couple of those were not his fault plus he made a couple of great saves. As I said go with the horse that brought you here. That is Creel.

Reaction Score
Seems Coach is headed in this direction:

>>Huska is healthy again, presenting Cavanaugh with a goaltending dilemma. As the playoffs approach, Creel will hang on to the starting role.

"Tanner’s done a great job," Cavanaugh said. "Adam had been playing very well when he broke his wrist. Tanner came in and done an incredible job. Right now, Tanner’s playing so well, he’s going to play. That doesn’t mean things could change at some other point."<<

Reaction Score
I want them to win 8 in a row and place as high as possible, but it would be almost better if they lose on thrus. Losing on thrus gives them a better chance at getting home ice.

Give huska a shot for thrus. At least for the 1st period. He gives up 2?, put in creel.

Reaction Score
Ct0611- that is a crazy approach. All you need is both goalies losing confidence going into the playoffs. Creel has really played well of late. Eventhe stuff he gave up last week included a sort of flukey one and one where the d got caught out of position. When he was under serious pressure late he did the job. You really do have to go with him.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Creel and it's not a hard decision. Different sport but the advice still holds:

Respect the Streak.

Reaction Score
Ct0611- that is a crazy approach. All you need is both goalies losing confidence going into the playoffs. Creel has really played well of late. Eventhe stuff he gave up last week included a sort of flukey one and one where the d got caught out of position. When he was under serious pressure late he did the job. You really do have to go with him.

I've stated i wanted creel in there the rest of the way. But if you "had" to find a game to put huska in there, it should be tonight.

I think with the quotes and articles written, it's going to be creel tonight.

Reaction Score
I think it is a mistake. UConn won last week despite Creel, not because of him. Hope he will be better tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom