So, how was the rent? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So, how was the rent?

Reaction Score
Some observations:

--As already mentioned, the "jingle your keys" thing is about as dumb and ineffective a crowd-hype thing as one could think of. I know ASMR annoys some people but doubt it's gonna have any effects on an opposing football team.

--My friends and I got a good chuckle out of the promotion where the participant (who appeared to be a student) had to punt, pass, and then kick a fieldgoal to win...2 tickets to the Syracuse game.

Spoiler alert - students already get free tickets to every UConn athletic game (yes, I know they could give the 2 won tickets to family, etc. - but what a dumb anticlimactic prize for a student. Pick something better!)

Reaction Score
As to concessions, no fried dough truck. There was no truck last year either, not a good trend.

And I learned from sitting on the sunny side at the Stony Brook game a few years back. While my usual seats are on the sunny side I was not going to pass up some reasonably priced seats in the shade for this game!

Reaction Score
It was fine. The club seats were empty. Nice crowd on the shade side. Game day operations was just amateur hour. Band playing during the intro video. Band not know what to play half the time. The cheerleaders were ok but off. Fans got apathetic as the game went on. No pump up music. No sing along song. Idk games can get boring without production. Also they need to fix the cones coming into the stadium they are beyond unnecessary
I've always thought about buying club seats to one of the colder games. I read back in the day they'd experimented with free non-alcoholic drinks or even buffets.

Are there any bars or concessions available for people in club seats, so I wouldn't have to go down to the main concourse?

Reaction Score
I've always thought about buying club seats to one of the colder games. I read back in the day they'd experimented with free non-alcoholic drinks or even buffets.

Are there any bars or concessions available for people in club seats, so I wouldn't have to go down to the main concourse?
Yes

Reaction Score
I have sat in UConn private areas with bars and buffets as a guest a few times. While it was a wonderful experience to be with friends in a party like atmosphere, I found it less than fully satisfying. I yell and scream a lot at critical junctures, and as yet have not been able to make myself heard through the damn windows. ;)

It is kinda like watching the game on a VERY large screen TV with good food and drink. In my opinion, you have to accept the suffering late in the season to be fully satisfied.

Reaction Score
I have sat in UConn private areas with bars and buffets as a guest a few times. While it was a wonderful experience to be with friends in a party like atmosphere, I found it less than fully satisfying. I yell and scream a lot at critical junctures, and as yet have not been able to make myself heard through the damn windows. ;)

It is kinda like watching the game on a VERY large screen TV with good food and drink. In my opinion, you have to accept the suffering late in the season to be fully satisfied.
And to fully support the team.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

I sat in a corporate box through my wife’s job. No one there, and I mean no one knew crap about football or UConn and they seemed genuinely annoyed every time I cheered. One time was when we beat Houston in the Red Pants era, so you can imagine that I got a bit excited. I did it twice and turned down all subsequent opportunities. Nothing better than being outside with the other real fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I sat in a corporate box through my wife’s job. No one there, and I mean no one knew crap about football or UConn and they seemed genuinely annoyed every time I cheered. One time was when we beat Houston in the Red Pants era, so you can imagine that I got a bit excited. I did it twice and turned down all subsequent opportunities. Nothing better than being outside with the other real fans.
I've been to every game before this year and never sat in a box. And that's why. How can you go to a football game and not yell?

Reaction Score
I have sat behind glass a number of times at Fenway, Yankee stadium, Bank of America in Charlotte and the Rent including last year for the HCJM introduction and much prefer being out with the crowd.

Reaction Score
The box is better when with a large group that cares. Otherwise, it’s a place for people that don’t care about the game.

Reaction Score
I've been to every game before this year and never sat in a box. And that's why. How can you go to a football game and not yell?
Does not sound like my idea of a good time. I yell at my TV at home, why spend money to do that in a box with people that don't care?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Does not sound like my idea of a good time. I yell at my TV at home, why spend money to do that in a box with people that don't care?
Well, when I went every thing was free…including parking. Still wasn’t worth it.

Reaction Score
Been in the club for a few years now. Don’t feel that way about it. I love it because it’s a perfect view of the game and is easy to get food/drink.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Been in the club for a few years now. Don’t feel that way about it. I love it because it’s a perfect view of the game and is easy to get food/drink.
Guess you didn’t read my post. I wasn’t in the club. But that was where I went when I got sick of the idiots in the corporate box.

Reaction Score
This is my complaint about a lot of audiences in sports. At the Rent the social scene used to be always under the scoreboard. At Dunkin you have to find the places where people actually care about the game. At Fenway there are places where the vendors are so numerous and the spectators getting up out of their seats so much that the game is almost unwatchable. By contrast Yankee Stadium seems much better.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Some of the best times of my life have happened at the Rent. Love every minute because of the people there with me. UCONN fans are the best! We are full send, full time, non stop.

Reaction Score
Wish there were more like you guys. Biggest game in at least 8 years on a beautiful day and the Rent looks about half full in TV. So disappointing.

Reaction Score
Guess you didn’t read my post. I wasn’t in the club. But that was where I went when I got sick of the idiots in the corporate box.
I do the same. too much socializing in the box with little interest in the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom