So, how do we match up | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So, how do we match up

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Late to the party but I think Ohio State is the more favorable matchup for UCONN than North Carolina. Ohio State has great perimeter players but virtually no inside game and I think UCONN feasts inside grabbing boards and getting easy buckets for Edwards/Juhasz. Ohio State has an excellent press that will cause some TOs but in a half court setting they do not defend well. Based on how both teams are playing, I think UCONN wins and I don't think it's close.

Reaction Score
Love your post, but I have one correction: ONE high scoring team: UCONN, as they are equally skilled on the defensive end of the court - that feeds the offense... Everybody Eats on Saturday! One play at a time, one game at a time, and everything else will take care of itself.
UCONN is 6th in the nation in scoring. Ohio State is 8th.
The difference is UCONN is 5th in defense while Ohio State is 59th!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
A short analysis is the OSU strength is in their press. The best way to beat a pressing team is to contest every shot and collect defensive rebounds. IF UConn does those two things the game should be a 15+ win.

Reaction Score
Thank you all for the great scouting report! I may have seen a few minutes here and there of an OS game but most of what I know is press stuff. Now I feel like I'm up to speed on what to expect and watch for. Boneyard at it's finest.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
As an aside:

A bunch of years ago when we used to play Indiana fairly regularly, I particularly remember one game during the Stewie era in which we tormented them from the outset and it was garbage time after the first quarter...

Kevin McGuff didn't seem like much of a coach...Now, a decade + later, he's put together a more than respectable team and coached them up well. Some of us didn't think he had it in him...Good on him...

But...I still think we'll demolish them.

Reaction Score
I love our chances against Ohio State. I know that we can handle their press. The key will be, finishing. No missed bunnies.

Reaction Score
As much as OSU likes to press, they aren't the best when pressed. Three words. STOP the ball. McMahon coming down court unobstructed places a lot of pressure on defenses.
One of the eternal truths in basketball is that the teams who like to press, hate to be pressed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom