So Hartford OR MEMPHIS?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So Hartford OR MEMPHIS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We'd be better off in Bridgeport handing out maps to SoNo so people would have something to do.

Reaction Score
Why not the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY ? They are hosting the A-10 tourney this week. It wouldn't be the same as MSG, but still in NYC.

The Atlantic 10 is falling apart too. Temple is joining the America 12. Butler, Xavier & Dayton are joining the new Big East/Catholic 7. St. Louis may be joining the new Big East. Charlotte is joining Conference USA. I'm thinking VCU is looking at getting out too. These are basically the top teams in the Atlantic 10, so who knows how long they have the Barclay's center after they fall apart. If anything, Barclay's could possibly split 9 days among 2 conferences... say Fri-Tues, then Wed-Sun. Smaller conferences often have their tournament the weekend prior.

Reaction Score
Memphis.
There are lots of great songs about Memphis. There are no great songs about Hartford.

Nobody wants to be Walking in Memphis... for a tournament! ;)

Reaction Score
I think you answered your own question. They have a 5 year deal with the A10

The A10 is losing Temple, St. Louis, Xavier, Dayton. Do you think they are locked in? Remember, MSG had outs in its contract.

Reaction Score
I hope we're not in this conference for very long, but splitting between Barclay's and Memphis sounds good. Maybe Philly once in awhile.

Reaction Score
Memphis for the Men. Hartford for the Women. No brainer.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If its Memphis, you can expect Fed Ex to pony up big sponsorship bucks. And Rudy Gay to be court side.
he's in toronto now

Reaction Score
Not that we are going to be in this duddie of a conference very long- but we might want to be selfish and keep it in Hartford. Only because we get more out of it being in the NE vs in Tenn where we really get zero benefit or credit for the location. Are we the premier team in this league or is Memphis? - it is a pissing contest that we should win even if Memphis is a better location.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
The Atlantic 10 is falling apart too. Temple is joining the America 12. Butler, Xavier & Dayton are joining the new Big East/Catholic 7. St. Louis may be joining the new Big East. Charlotte is joining Conference USA. I'm thinking VCU is looking at getting out too. These are basically the top teams in the Atlantic 10, so who knows how long they have the Barclay's center after they fall apart. If anything, Barclay's could possibly split 9 days among 2 conferences... say Fri-Tues, then Wed-Sun. Smaller conferences often have their tournament the weekend prior.
Is there still going to be a Conference USA? Who's left? I'm asking seriously, because I haven't heard anything.

Reaction Score
Is there still going to be a Conference USA? Who's left? I'm asking seriously, because I haven't heard anything.

Maybe they will merge what's left from the Altantic 10 with what's left with Conference USA. But what name would that be???

Reaction Score
Yes, they are adding teams like MTSU and Western Kentucky. Not sure which others, but there are mor

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Gotta go with Hartford. Memphis always has a good team and gets top players. I don't want the tourney to be another Memphis home game - better to be in Hartford and be a UCONN home game....Also, our fans (including me) don't travel well. I'd also support a neutral site.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Gotta go with Hartford. Memphis always has a good team and gets top players. I don't want the tourney to be another Memphis home game - better to be in Hartford and be a UCONN home game....Also, our fans (including me) don't travel well. I'd also support a neutral site.
what do you think about boston? too far for all the teams?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
what do you think about boston? too far for all the teams?
I almost said Boston in my original post but did think it was too far for most members. Maybe Philadelphia? I'd like Boston but doubt other teams would.

Reaction Score
I almost said Boston in my original post but did think it was too far for most members. Maybe Philadelphia? I'd like Boston but doubt other teams would.

Philly, yes. I highly doubt Boston would want the America 12 tournament, especially if none of their teams are playing there. Probably wouldn't sit well with Boston folks who followed BC leaving for the ACC.

As someone who works in Hartford, I find Hartford very forgettable. It's not a destination for drawing fans from all around.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I like Cincinnati, for purely selfish reasons. It's where I live.

Reaction Score
i'm not sure why this is being questioned at all???? are we not uconn fans?? did we not get screwed over conference wise and are now stuck in this S*** of a basketball conference??? im sure more then half of us on this board look forward EVERY year to those few days in march where we can take off work, school WHATEVER and go up to NYC to enjoy uconn and the big east.....you're about to tell me you want that to be STRIPPED of us now too???? We've been screwed over enough, why would we want our conference tournament to NOT be in our home state? thats absolute crazy talk to me- we're the best team in this new "America 12" why would we not want it to be in Hartford. who cares how "crappy hartford is" we have been over and I FOR ONE am NOT gonna not be able to watch uconn live in march again because we decided to wet our panties again and let the MAN put us down. no way no how- HARTFORD UNTIL WE MOVE TO A BETTER CONFERENCE. jesus.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Good Lord. No friggin way we draw 12k for this p. o.s. conference tourney final in Hartford. And that is with us in the final. Imagine Temple v. UCF Final at the rathole XL.
1500 tops. Get us the uckfay out yesterday

Reaction Score
i'm not sure why this is being questioned at all???? are we not uconn fans?? did we not get screwed over conference wise and are now stuck in this S*** of a basketball conference??? im sure more then half of us on this board look forward EVERY year to those few days in march where we can take off work, school WHATEVER and go up to NYC to enjoy uconn and the big east.....you're about to tell me you want that to be STRIPPED of us now too???? We've been screwed over enough, why would we want our conference tournament to NOT be in our home state? thats absolute crazy talk to me- we're the best team in this new "America 12" why would we not want it to be in Hartford. who cares how "crappy hartford is" we have been over and I FOR ONE am NOT gonna not be able to watch uconn live in march again because we decided to wet our panties again and let the MAN put us down. no way no how- HARTFORD UNTIL WE MOVE TO A BETTER CONFERENCE. jesus.
Sorry, if its only a temporary stop and a crappy one at that you only guarantee that by putting the conference tourney in Hartford. What if (no chance, g-- forbid, etc..) UConn lost in round 1? There would be about 2,000 people at the tournament final.

I think Philly is a great idea. Its not much further than NYC and about half the cost. Move the tournament back to Thursday - Sunday and it could be even more fun than the BE tourney has been the last 10yrs or so (with one notable exception!).

Reaction Score
Sorry, if its only a temporary stop and a crappy one at that you only guarantee that by putting the conference tourney in Hartford. What if (no chance, g-- forbid, etc..) UConn lost in round 1? There would be about 2,000 people at the tournament final.

I think Philly is a great idea. Its not much further than NYC and about half the cost. Move the tournament back to Thursday - Sunday and it could be even more fun than the BE tourney has been the last 10yrs or so (with one notable exception!).

Philly would be good for recruiting too. Always good to have some kind of pressence in the area where good recruits normally play. Philly/Baltimore/DC aren't too far away, so UConn would get exposure down that way more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom