SO does anyone really wonder why the Big East gets no respect? | The Boneyard

SO does anyone really wonder why the Big East gets no respect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The cards against FIU? really? thats a problem for us? FI U? our scheduling sucks and our results againts that scheduling is pathetic.

Reaction Score
Didn't Michigan lose to 1-AA App. St. at home a couple years back? And didn't Va. Tech loss to James Madison at home last year?

Reaction Score
Pac-10 team lost to D-1AA, ACC team lost, Auburn was lucky as heck to beat Utah St.

Reaction Score
The reason that we get no respect is that we never have any teams in the Top 10. We deserve what we get. Get 5 teams in the Top 20 then we get respect. WVU beats LSU then we get respect.

Reaction Score
no excuse, they need to win the game... but FIU is a really experienced and competitive team. this isn't 2009 FIU.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
The reason that we get no respect is that we never have any teams in the Top 10. We deserve what we get. Get 5 teams in the Top 20 then we get respect. WVU beats LSU then we get respect.

LSU's dline is 100% Grade-A filth. WVU's oline can't bust a grape. I have my doubts about an 'Eers win here...

Reaction Score
So far in 2011:

ACC team lost to a 1AA
Big12 team beat a 1AA by 1
Other Big12 team losing 7-0 in the 4th wins in the final seconds by a field goal
Big10 team comes from behind in final minute to beat a 1AA
Big10 team loses to MAC team
Pac12 team loses to CUSA team
Pac12 team loses tom 1AA team
Pac12 team nips 1AA team by FG
SEC team needs a bizarre rally to beat Utah St.

A BE team's loss to a CUSA is par for the course so far this year.

Reaction Score
LSU's dline is 100% Grade-A filth. WVU's oline can't bust a grape. I have my doubts about an 'Eers win here...

clearly the ville's loss to FIU is indigestion-inducing for any BIG east fan, but they're no joke, and far from a 1-aa team

some BCS program is going to hire themselves a legit coach this December when Mario Cristobal makes his well-deserved ascension

BIG east fans need-not flog themselves every time there is an out-of-conference loss, they do happen

the ville' looks like any recent UConn team, only worse (no passing attack)

Strong's got it going in the right direction, but this is shaping up to be a rough year given the way his offense looks

have a fear inside me that UConn will prove to be much the same this year (hope i'm wrong)

a dynamic passing offense is what separates teams in football these days, both pro & college
here's hoping for a victory tomorrow night @ Vandy!!!!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the Big East does not go 40-0 in the non-conference, it sucks.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing the OP's general point is that the BE has less margin for error to have brainfart games like tonight than the other power conferences. But we'll get dissed by the media either way so it really doesn't matter.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
the ville' looks like any recent UConn team, only worse (no passing attack)!
I didn't watch the game, but just looking at the box score I see that the Ville had 363 passing yards. How is this no passing attack? I hope we have no passing attack tomorrow.

Reaction Score
This game hurt but FIU is good and the BE can still have a nice weekend Biggest game this week is Cincy vs Tenn, also Rutty could help us with a win over UNC. And a UConn win will help the BE forget the UL loss as well.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Losing to Gloria Vanderbilt would be worse

Reaction Score
This game hurt but FIU is good and the BE can still have a nice weekend Biggest game this week is Cincy vs Tenn, also Rutty could help us with a win over UNC. And a UConn win will help the BE forget the UL loss as well.

I forget that the Bearcats are in the Big East. Here is one huge SEC fan that is cheering for a Big East victory in Knoxville today. On the FIU loss, honestly it's hard to keep up with what teams are in the Big East for football or basketball so nationally it looks worse for Louisville than it does for the Big East.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I forget that the Bearcats are in the Big East. Here is one huge SEC fan that is cheering for a Big East victory in Knoxville today. On the FIU loss, honestly it's hard to keep up with what teams are in the Big East for football or basketball so nationally it looks worse for Louisville than it does for the Big East.

Well...that says a lot about the BE brand. Living in Atlanta...this is pretty much what most SEC fans think about BE teams. Step outside of our BE bubble, and fans of other conferences don't even know what teams are in the BE.

Reaction Score
Well...that says a lot about the BE brand. Living in Atlanta...this is pretty much what most SEC fans think about BE teams. Step outside of our BE bubble, and fans of other conferences don't even know what teams are in the BE.

Hard to keep up with BE basketball? Wonder how he found his classes each day.

As for last nite, If you just looked at the boxscore, knowing nothing about the teams or the coaches and having missed the big plays this might seem like a big deal. Ville is the worst team in the BE but still should have won that game if they could cover 1 guy. People see what they want to see then just rely on their imagination to fill in the rest. Let's see what UConn and Cincy do on the road given their preseason BE rankings against the SEC then we can have a conversation. Include Rutty in that mix since their not even expected to be in the game the road against UNC.

Reaction Score
Hard to keep up with BE basketball? Wonder how he found his classes each day.

As for last nite, If you just looked at the boxscore, knowing nothing about the teams or the coaches and having missed the big plays this might seem like a big deal. Ville is the worst team in the BE but still should have won that game if they could cover 1 guy. People see what they want to see then just rely on their imagination to fill in the rest. Let's see what UConn and Cincy do on the road given their preseason BE rankings against the SEC then we can have a conversation. Include Rutty in that mix since their not even expected to be in the game the road against UNC.

There is a reason it took Charlie Strong so long to get hired as a head coach.

As for how the BE fares on the road today, I'm not really sure how much info you'll gain on where the Big East stands. Vandy is by far and away the worst program in the SEC (painful, but reality) and ut is at best the 7th best team/program. Personally, I'd like to see y'all go 1-1 today with ut going down and the Dores pulling out a miracle.

Reaction Score
You are only 1 Pt dogs. No miracle. The Dores gave us a good fight last year until they self destructed in the 2nd half. I think that this will be good game given our inability to play well Away.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You are only 1 Pt dogs. No miracle. The Dores gave us a good fight last year until they self destructed in the 2nd half. I think that this will be good game given our inability to play well Away.

The ability to maintain composure and confidence on the road can, in many cases, be attributed to the coaching staff. These are just kids playing in sometimes in hostile environments so IMO it is on the coaches to have them ready for what to expect and how to handle themselves. We'll see how HCPP does in this aspect. He's been around a long time and has coached at many different levels so I am pretty confident in him and his staff to have the boys ready. This is something that needs to be evaluated after a full season so we can compare their home and road records.

Reaction Score
Last I saw, Vandy was a 2 or 2 1/2 point favorite.

Reaction Score
There is a reason it took Charlie Strong so long to get hired as a head coach.

As for how the BE fares on the road today, I'm not really sure how much info you'll gain on where the Big East stands. Vandy is by far and away the worst program in the SEC (painful, but reality) and ut is at best the 7th best team/program. Personally, I'd like to see y'all go 1-1 today with ut going down and the Dores pulling out a miracle.

Wouldn't be a miracle at all if Vandy wins. You're at home and this is the first test against FBS level competition for our young QBs. We really don't know for sure how those intangibles will play out during gametime. I think UConn will pull this one out, but it won't be as easy as some fans are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom