so did they ever do a follow up test??? | The Boneyard

so did they ever do a follow up test???

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
As much as we would love to see the vaccine, I doubt if healthy young people will be among the early candidates. Gonna have to have a lot of luck and discipline in the meantime.

Reaction Score
Money talks and unfortunately will for the vaccine also. I assume people on the front lines will get it first then it will be a first pay first served I'm afraid. Politicians and sports (entertainment) will get it before the rest of us.

Reaction Score
Money talks and unfortunately will for the vaccine also. I assume people on the front lines will get it first then it will be a first pay first served I'm afraid. Politicians and sports (entertainment) will get it before the rest of us.
Its free to every American.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score

Certainly the people on the front lines are scheduled to get it first, but plans are still formulating based on now 2 vaccines becoming available. The vaccine that requires extra cold storage will be targeted towards population centers where it is easier to deliver and keep it at the necessary temperature. The other vaccine that does not requires the extreme cold storage likely will be targeted to more rural areas eliminating the distribution problems.

It's a complicated subject and assuming people with money get it first way over simplifies the problem and there could be additional vaccines that change the plans as we go. Overall, it's amazing that these companies have been able to develop such effective vaccines in such a short time and also deliver large quantities in a short period of time. Hats off to them

Reaction Score

All of the states that have plans call for essential/health care workers first, followed by the elderly or other high risk.

Reaction Score
I was being a bit tongue in cheek with my statement - should have used an emoji. [ ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I’m guessing it was confirmed...

This is not going to be a good start to a season to assess the teams abilities and strengths. Our team may not be able to show themselves for what they can and will be, this year and in the coming years. That article in the Hartford Courant made a good point. Geno was quoted as saying:
“It’s a situation you’ve never been in,” Auriemma said about the stop-and-start his team is facing. “There’s never been a time in your coaching career where somebody says, ‘Hey, by the way, just when you think you’ve put your team together, and you’re on the brink of playing, you have to stop for two weeks and then start back up again and get ready to play a few days later".
IMO this team is showing a huge amount of 'maturity' in not letting this kind of set-back trouble them!

Reaction Score
I'm NOT questioning the science but I don't understand why it's a "hard" 14 day period. NFL players, and I assume other athletes, get tested repetitively. If there's been a positive test in the group, why can't everyone get tested again, and again if need be, to establish people who are positive to quarantine and negative to continue to participate. Is it simply lack of test availability? Wouldn't that help shorten the list and make contact tracing easier?

Reaction Score
I'm NOT questioning the science but I don't understand why it's a "hard" 14 day period. NFL players, and I assume other athletes, get tested repetitively. If there's been a positive test in the group, why can't everyone get tested again, and again if need be, to establish people who are positive to quarantine and negative to continue to participate. Is it simply lack of test availability? Wouldn't that help shorten the list and make contact tracing easier?
If you have been exposed, it often takes 10 days before that will show up in a test. Meanwhile, you are totally capable of spreading the virus. A 14-day quarantine is a crucially important step in containing any outbreak and keeping those 11 young women safe should be every fan’s highest priority.

Reaction Score
Here in NYS I'm covered by the essential employee protocol. If I were to test positive or am placed in quarantine I would test on day 3 & 5. If they both come back negative then I would be cleared to return to work. I also have the good fortune that Cornel has it's own testing site on campus so the results are known and relayed within 24 hrs.

There are as many different protocols as there are states, which is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you have been exposed, it often takes 10 days before that will show up in a test. Meanwhile, you are totally capable of spreading the virus. A 14-day quarantine is a crucially important step in containing any outbreak and keeping those 11 young women safe should be every fan’s highest priority.

Trust me, I'm all for being safe and conservative, and I understand asymptomatic and what that means. What I've not seen or heard before is that it can take up to 10 days to show up on a test. That one's new to me.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Trust me, I'm all for being safe and conservative, and I understand asymptomatic and what that means. What I've not seen or heard before is that it can take up to 10 days to show up on a test. That one's new to me.

This is from the CDC:

Incubation period
The incubation period for COVID-19 is thought to extend to 14 days, with a median time of 4-5 days from exposure to symptoms onset.(1-3) One study reported that 97.5% of people with COVID-19 who have symptoms will do so within 11.5 days of SARS-CoV-2 infection.(3)

The test will not show a positive result until incubation has produced enough of the virus to be detected.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
This is from the CDC:

The test will not show a positive result until incubation has produced enough of the virus to be detected.

So, if I get exposed to the virus, day 1; and it takes 4-5 for days, for most people for symptoms to show, and the virus needs to incubate for some time period to become detectable; when am I at risk for exposing others to the virus?
From day 1?
From the onset of symptoms?
If asymptomatic, not at risk for spreading to others?
From the time that the virus becomes detectable?
Not being snarky at all, simply don't have a clear idea of the transmission timeline.

Reaction Score
So, if I get exposed to the virus, day 1; and it takes 4-5 for days, for most people for symptoms to show, and the virus needs to incubate for some time period to become detectable; when am I at risk for exposing others to the virus?
From day 1?
From the onset of symptoms?
If asymptomatic, not at risk for spreading to others?
From the time that the virus becomes detectable?
Not being snarky at all, simply don't have a clear idea of the transmission timeline.
I don’t think anyone does at this point. All of this is still being studied.

Reaction Score
Detection of the virus by PCR can occur after a shorter incubation time than the onset of symptoms (if they occur) and the shedding of infectious quantities of the pathogen. Shedding transmissible quantities of the virus typically occurs between 2 days prior to symptoms and 5 days after symptoms appear. Asymptomatic people, where they have been studied, show a similar infectious period. After 7 days following the onset of symptoms, very few people have been found to be shedding infectious amounts of the virus regardless of whether they go on to get very sick or recover. PCR tests can be positive for a longer period of time, but they are detecting dead virus or debris from infected cells rather than infectious virus.

The new quarantine guidelines for people how may have been exposed to an infected person are somewhat disingenuous. They are an attempt to get people who are not willing to isolate themselves for the full 14 day safety period to at least stay away from others for a shorter time. If people quarantine for 7 days and get a negative test on the 7th or 8th day, a small percentage will go on to develop the disease between days 8 and 13. This is a calculated risk assessment that they hope will be more than balanced out by a greater number of infected people accepting quarantine.

As far as managing infection among teammates goes, testing after 10 days makes a lot more sense than testing after 7 days. Most teams seem to be using rapid antigen-based tests that provide fast results, which aren't very sensitive. They pretty much only give a positive reaction when infectious amounts of virus are present. PCR could move that up a day, but it typically takes too long to get the results to be of much use.

Reaction Score
No that’s wrong. Where did you get that incorrect info?

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone does at this point. All of this is still being studied.
I agree and that is why I get twitchy every time I hear the phase "follow the science". The science is still evolving and it will never be 100% proved or disproving. That is the nature and process of "science". "Science" is a learning process that does not end.

Reaction Score
I agree and that is why I get twitchy every time I hear the phase "follow the science". The science is still evolving and it will never be 100% proved or disproving. That is the nature and process of "science". "Science" is a learning process that does not end.
With theory, yes, but Science also has plenty of Axioms. We just ate nowhere close yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom