So changing the subject to attendance.. | The Boneyard

So changing the subject to attendance..

Reaction Score
I did not see a lot of discussion after the HC game on attendance (not surprising). Maybe my standards were a bit low but when I walked in I was pleasantly surprised. One thing I should mention is I had a conflict and did not enter the building until 2:45 left in first half.

So I thought it was a little better than I expected. Announced 18,782 I think. Probably overstating it but again I was not there at the beginning.

I think we can expect about 20K for Purdue. Looks like a great day. For me a little friendlier start time since I think it could draw more tailgaters. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I did not see a lot of discussion after the HC game on attendance (not surprising). Maybe my standards were a bit low but when I walked in I was pleasantly surprised. One thing I should mention is I had a conflict and did not enter the building until 2:45 left in first half.

So I thought it was a little better than I expected. Announced 18,782 I think. Probably overstating it but again I was not there at the beginning.

I think we can expect about 20K for Purdue. Looks like a great day. For me a little friendlier start time since I think it could draw more tailgaters. Thoughts?

LMAO. The stadium was nowhere near half full. If there were more than 6000 fans actually in the building, I'd be surprised.

Reaction Score
LMAO. The stadium was nowhere near half full. If there were more than 6000 fans actually in the building, I'd be surprised.
Funny. I guess CBS is really trying to be a partner. They said we “have a nice crowd” for the game. They kept showing mostly full sections.

Reaction Score
Funny. I guess CBS is really trying to be a partner. They said we “have a nice crowd” for the game. They kept showing mostly full sections.
Yeah from the TV it looked like there was at least 15k there

Reaction Score
There were more students there than I thought there would be and they hung in well into the 4th quarter because the game was close right up to the last HC score. Disappointing they started to leave when it was still a winnable game but the INT on UConn's next possession sealed the deal anyway. Maybe that's when most of the students left, I can't recall, but somewhere near the end I noticed there were only a few left.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen much worse. Seemed almost half and student section looked tight. When they count attendance do they include the band and dancers?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I’ve seen much worse. Seemed almost half and student section looked tight. When they count attendance do they include the band and dancers?

My one concern about attendance from HC game:
1) That was easily the most full student section in, at least, 2 years, maybe even a few more
2) Given what they saw, they might never return.

Reaction Score
Hard to keep asking fans to turn out and results continue to get worse. There has to be some winning or competing against decent teams. The last 7–8 seasons have sucked the life out of any non die hard that I don’t blame them for enjoying a nice Saturday afternoon at any place but the Rent

Reaction Score
Hard to keep asking fans to turn out and results continue to get worse. There has to be some winning or competing against decent teams. The last 7–8 seasons have sucked the life out of any non die hard that I don’t blame them for enjoying a nice Saturday afternoon at any place but the Rent

Exactly.

The horrendous football, the low attendance, the snarky remarks on social media about dropping the program to FCS (or drop it completely), the butt of jokes on ESPN and other sports outlets - it has worn on us diehards and has long driven away the casuals.

The only way back is to finally be competitive and start winning games again - period. Nothing will get better with the fans until that happens.

Reaction Score
Look, this Saturday if people can make it, the weather is supposed to be nice, the later starting time means tailgating or even bringing a grinder or pizza. The team appears hyped up. It would help if there were a lot of supportive fans. The ride to East Hartford is reasonable timewise for many residents in the state. Try to show up! Lou Spanos debut, too. And we don't have to see Randy!!

Reaction Score
I would love to be there, but I have a conflict. Florida weather!! :p Really, I might watch it on my TV and watch the Xfinity race on my notebook.

Reaction Score
Look, this Saturday if people can make it, the weather is supposed to be nice, the later starting time means tailgating or even bringing a grinder or pizza. The team appears hyped up. It would help if there were a lot of supportive fans. The ride to East Hartford is reasonable timewise for many residents in the state. Try to show up! Lou Spanos debut, too. And we don't have to see Randy!!

Most everyone on this board is a diehard and will show up no matter what (although that's eroded too in recent years). The problem is everyone else in Connecticut. Gotta get them to go. And the team has to deliver.

People should be there. Randy is gone, we have a new interim coach, new starting QB, team should be focused & motivated with a Big Ten team coming to the Rent.

I'll be there +1.

Reaction Score
I am a die hard and almost never miss a game. It is incredible the amount of people that tell me how they used to “go to all the games”. It is also concerning that for 10 years our students have seen such garbage. I am in a business where we hire a significant amount of UConn grads and most of the ones i discuss it with don’t concern themselves with football at all. Obviously this is not scientific, but it’s going to be tough to get them back even when we start winning. The young alumni are critical.

I used to worry about it, now I try to enjoy the experience without stressing because obviously I can’t do much to change anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom