So Boston College is rejecting Jim Calhoun? | The Boneyard

So Boston College is rejecting Jim Calhoun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's what the Bristol Boys are pushing these days? Is Jay Bilas' forehead vein popping out of his head as he says how awesome BC is compared to Uconn?

We should have taken a tv contract with CBS Sports. Their college basketball coverage is great, they run the tournament, if we could be their golden child then things would be better than playing slave to a network that looks down on us n

Reaction Score
Anything to make the ACC look better since the product they put on the floor at the NCAA's has been rotten. Just a little self promo for them IMO.

To be honest I can't imagine Calhoun coaching at BC especially after his remarks about them after they left the Big East, literally this story seems as fictional as lord of the rings.

Reaction Score
That's what the Bristol Boys are pushing these days? Is Jay Bilas' forehead vein popping out of his head as he says how awesome BC is compared to Uconn?

Did Jay Bilas say that?

If he did I wonder what his fan club will say.

I have thought for a while he is the most overrated CBB pundit out there.

Reaction Score
ESPN has been doing anything it could to hurt our program for years. UConn needs to find a new network.
Cbs sports net was great this yr. better than the espnu and espn news games we had this yr.

Let's go someplace where we are appreciated

Reaction Score
I would love fox, but they aren't going to extend themselves for the American. They have some inventory. If we get in that mix, great. But if not, which we must assume, there are alternatives.

Let's hook up with cbs. At least 3 national weekend, games, and tons of CBS SN games. Every uconn game televised, and let Ucf and Houston take a back seat while cbs pimps it hot new product. Flaunt us during their inside college basketball show, hook up other strong regional games some big east schools.

Make it happen Aresco, you coward!

Espn is going to become the acc network. But college basketball is bigger than the acc. Fox has the PAC 12 and big east, let's see cbs SN grab the AAC and A10. They are selling games to each other left and right.

Cut out the middle man! We don't need no stinking espn.

Reaction Score
god... ESPN keeps riding this story. Just saw it on Sport Center. what a shame. Please don't let this be true. I don't know how many more things can go wrong for Connecticut... ck!

Reaction Score
I don't get all the Bilas hate. He's done nothing to discredit UConn over the years and he's one of the most unbiased analysts on the network. He was one of the few guys to pick UConn to win it all in 2011.

Bilas about Calhoun and the BC job: "I think it'd be great. I think Jim Calhoun is great for the game... It would give them (BC) immediate credibility".

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10645880

Reaction Score
It appears he said something not so complimentary about UConn. You've got to praise us not to be hated or subjected to posters' wrath.

Sadly he was loved a week ago.
What did he say exactly? The segment I saw with him wasn't negative about UConn at all. All he said was that with JC on the sidelines anywhere, college basketball is better. I may be wrong, but was just wondering what he actually said.

Reaction Score
What did he say exactly? The segment I saw with him wasn't negative about UConn at all. All he said was that with JC on the sidelines anywhere, college basketball is better. I may be wrong, but was just wondering what he actually said.

Reading the posters above who are making statements based on rumors. Still our sensitive fan base reacts to any non-positive article about UConn.

Reaction Score
Reading the posters above who are making statements based on rumors. Still our sensitive fan base reacts to any non-positive article about UConn.
I may have replied to the wrong post. I am simply wondering if anyone has the quote of Bilas supposedly slamming UConn.

Reaction Score
Perfectly logical that JC might want to get back into coaching and that an opening at BC would be of interest to him. Turning around that steaming pile would be a real challenge and expectations would be very low out the gate.

Also logical that BC doesn't want to go the route of a 71 year old. I also suspect that JC scares the crap out of Fr. Leahy. The person that allows an idiot like GDF to run his AD isn't likely to be comfortable with someone as accomplished and out spoken as JC.

Why folks are in a yank about this is beyond me........

Reaction Score
BC is in disaster mode and needs a complete rebuild job. They are not going to hire a 72 year old coach with a history of medical problems. Even if you discount all the other stuff that made Calhoun's final few years a 3 ring circus, they have to be thinking what happens if in year 2 Calhoun gets sick again and decides he needs to retire again...you've just wasted 2 years. Better to bring in Amaker who will likely be there to complete the job.

Reaction Score
Sources: Jim Calhoun interested in BC job
Jim Calhoun: I am not interested in BC job

Reaction Score
Reading the posters above who are making statements based on rumors. Still our sensitive fan base reacts to any non-[GLOWINGLY][ADORINGLY]positive article about UConn.

Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak