So are we getting more visitors today to tout TN and the SEC | The Boneyard

So are we getting more visitors today to tout TN and the SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
We seemed to have a strong SEC contingent over the last week posting about how much the SEC was proving their strength in the NCAA. Some of us were of course a little less impressed with them beating up on 13-16 seeds and suspected the regions would weed out the mediocrity. And yesterday and today, we have seen what happens when the competition gets a little stiffer.
Something that doesn't get mentioned much, but the difference between seed lines can be significant - a 1 seed may get to play teams that would generally be ranked 64th, 32nd and 16th in the first three rounds while a two seed might be playing teams ranked 57th, 25th and 9th. That is a significant 'chalk' difference and in women's basketball a larger deal because the talent level really does diminish pretty quickly as you move beyond the top ten or twelve programs. Once you get beyond the sweet sixteen it doesn't matter that much but those first three rounds can be a big advantage.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I completely agree.

This nonsense about SEC being so good because they all made it to the Sweet Sixteen.
Other than LSU (which was playing at home) they all should have won.

Like I said last week, I fully expect the SEC to be 1-4 by the end of the night.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
bear-how-about-no_thumbnail.jpg

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Can't wait to read Mike Siroky's next blog post with Mel Greenberg. SEC... the toughest conference in the country.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The SEC is increasingly only a legend in its own mind (and the NCAA selection committee's). Mediocre teams bang against each other for 40 minutes and puff out their chests. Meaghan Simmons POY, come on! 8 from the SEC was a bad joke. Rutgers and the Bulls should have been in this tourney. Holly W post game was very revealing. At one point she was pouting and I was expecting tears as she complained that her team "had to prove itself all year" - Heck, you were gifted a #1 seed. Holly what are you whining about, nobody knew who was showing up game to game with your crew. Gotta deal with reality to change it. I think there is an entitlement attitude that has to improve/get corrected/disappear before you can become a better coach (don't think she can) and Tenn can actually stop wasting all the raw talent you get.

Reaction Score
Lets just win the games we have left and let the rest of "it" just shake out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member