So anyone else stopped reading the recruiting threads? | The Boneyard

So anyone else stopped reading the recruiting threads?

Reaction Score
I stopped w Diallo. Too much heartache. We are just not on same level recruiting as we were before. Even our role players were borderline NBA players.

Reaction Score
I don't read any of the threads that keep going after a recruit decides to go elsewhere. Why bother. I'm not diligent on recruiting threads for 2019 and beyond because the future's uncertain and the end is always near

Reaction Score
Basketball ones are tough, have to go deep.

I like reading the football ones where we beat out Stonybrook, Fordham, Buffalo and James Madison for elite HS talent

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Id be very surprised if we land a top 100 recruit in 18

Reaction Score
I read the new threads, but after the 1st page I try to ignore them because at that point they're more focused on something totally irrelevant or a pissing match between posters

I do appreciate that the mods are starting to lock recruiting threads after we get cut from their list or commit elsewhere

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I read the new threads, but after the 1st page I try to ignore them because at that point they're more focused on something totally irrelevant or a pissing match between posters

I do appreciate that the mods are starting to lock recruiting threads after we get cut from their list or commit elsewhere
This. I like the initial 2 or 3 posts discussing the recruit and either their interest in us, or our interest in them. But very rapidly the threads take one of the following turns:
  • A comparison between Ollie and Calhoun, in which different sides stake out their position and refuse to acknowledge any worth in any other position
  • An Ollie discussion alone, good, bad or indifferent, in which different sides stake out their position and refuse to acknowledge any worth in any other position
  • A comparison of different recruiting classes emphasizing athleticism, and ignoring basketball skills, basketball smarts, work ethic, and character
  • A chance to whine about the conference, which, near as I can tell, is doing it's damnedest to improve to the point that we would like, when at this time we don't have a B1G/ACC/Big12 option to consider
  • A rehashing of the pros and cons of the players that left/didn't arrive.
I look forward to hearing that one of these recruits actually schedules a visit, and want to see the posts that immediately follow that visit. Almost everything that's posted from the date it's scheduled until it occurs is flotsam.

Reaction Score
I don't read any of the threads that keep going after a recruit decides to go elsewhere. Why bother. I'm not diligent on recruiting threads for 2019 and beyond because the future's uncertain and the end is always near

Yeah, I kind of wish they would just get locked up at that point. There is an ignore thread option BTW. I did that with that song thread.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
I read the new threads, but after the 1st page I tryto ignore them because at that point they're more focused on something totally irrelevant or a pissing match between posters

Being new to the BY, I enjoy watching the recruiting threads to acquire information from those who have access to the inside scoop or are just better than I at finding what's available. But agree that the irrelevant bickering is a waste of time. It makes it harder to sort through the muck to find the valuable substance. I guess some folks have more time on their hands for the sparring.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Probably any positive emotional sustenance on The Boneyard can better be found in the Cesspool, Skagway, & Steak threads for the time being.

Not even the worst looking Big 12er since Oklahoma Eric could bring this basketball community together once Deepster started playing "My beaches are better than yours."

Reaction Score
I don't do this anymore but for a long time I only came here during the offseason to read recruiting threads. As soon as the season started I checked out and wouldn't come back on until the season ended. Given I stopped doing this after 2014 these past few years might be my fault

U

UCONNfan1

I'm just so disappointed with everything UConn has done over the last couple of years. Losing players left and right, losing coaches, unable to hire seemingly the right people, unable to recruit anybody who seems to be any good, it's an incredibly frustrating time.

I'm not sure how we went from our new head coach winning a national championship to where we are now, but it doesn't seem like there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I promised myself I'd stop also after Mathis and the ensuing onslaught.

I haven't..

My name is Mau and I'm a recruiting junkie :eek:

I used to totally ignore all recruiting info, until a player committed. I figure why get all excited about some recruit when the odds are you're going to land very few of the multiple recruits that list your team(s). For some unknown reason I started reading the threads here within the past few months. I'm now very sorry I made that mistake. I'm back to being a recruiting lurker.

Reaction Score
I have stopped reading most threads honestly. Not just recruiting threads. The tenor of the board in general is just plain douchey lately. It is so painful to read so many posts belaboring the same points over and over. There are to many posters that cry like babies incessantly (looking at you free scooter, jsm, etc...) that i have blocked because they bring literally NOTHING to this board. With so many useless posts blocked threads can become a bit trickier to read.

I myself rarely post but have enjoyed posts from knowledgeable or entertaining posters for many years (looking at you fishy, mau, superjohn, Deepster, Ricker, burnsbro, tcf, and several others). I am hopeful that a strong season goes a long way to keeping the program relevant and that that in turn gets us to a p5 conference in the end. And along with that success I am hopeful the whiners fall away from this board.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It's a pure excercise of masochism these days.

Still all in all the CR junkies are bigger masochists.

Recruiting catching up quick in light of the run we've been on lately though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom