So, 15 straight FFs? | The Boneyard

So, 15 straight FFs?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I posted after the SC game that I felt a little better about the FF streak. If my confidence waned as the regular season played out, I was smart enough not to post it. Seeing the effect of adding Azzi and CD for the BET really has me juiced. We'll see what the committee gives us but I don't think we need to worry about anybody not named SC. The FF streak may seem like a small thing, but the Huskies have played in 22 of them since 1991. All 11 of our Natty's have come in those years - we've never won one without being in the FF. And Geno used to say the E8 game was the hardest. I don't know if his thinking has changed but it seems like a truism for this year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

So, 15 straight FFs?​

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

scared season 3 GIF

Reaction Score
I posted after the SC game that I felt a little better about the FF streak. If my confidence waned as the regular season played out, I was smart enough not to post it. Seeing the effect of adding Azzi and CD for the BET really has me juiced. We'll see what the committee gives us but I don't think we need to worry about anybody not named SC. The FF streak may seem like a small thing, but the Huskies have played in 22 of them since 1991. All 11 of our Natty's have come in those years - we've never won one without being in the FF. And Geno used to say the E8 game was the hardest. I don't know if his thinking has changed but it seems like a truism for this year.
I worry. Nothing is a given. Every team wants to be the underdog hero. Every single game matters and there are no freebies.

Reaction Score
Honestly, who knows? Are they capable? Sure! But we really don't know what will happen. I expect some big surprises / upsets this year. BIG time. I actually expect one of the teams in the final four NOBODY has talked about (well, at least the elite 8.)

We can debate this until we're blue in the face and it won't mean much. I just know UConn is certainly capable to win it all.

Nothing left for us to do but sit back and watch.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yeah, I get the comments on my saying "don't need to worry" -- poor choice of words. Yes, you have to show up and play the games and there does seem to be an unusual level of parity this year between those top 3 or 4 lines. I guess I meant that the only thing I'm worried about right now is being in an opposite bracket from USC, even though we've already shown we can compete with them too.

Reaction Score
Aside than SC which i think only 2 teams in the country can beat (UConn, and Stanford if they play to their potential), all the other teams can be beat on the right day, if players are hot and the other team not so much and that includes UConn. The final 4 could have some surprises this season and it is very possible that only 1 number 1 seed will make the Final 4 (and that is even without knowing who the committee will have as the 1 seeds.
UConn will have some real challenges to make it but they sure can do it with the team they have right now with Azzi and CD playing.

Reaction Score
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if any of the top teams got knocked off early, or won it. I think the NATY goes to one of these teams: Parity is strong and any of these teams on a given night can be lights out.

SC? Given
Iowa - Certainly can
Indiana - Certainly can
UConn - Certainly can
Stanford - to be determined. Not sure about them.
VT - Maybe?

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t it be delicious if this turns out to be the year? Last year, also injury-plagued, was almost the year.

[cue all the naysaying “realists”]

Just posing the obvious question. The path is visible, with only a few residual IFs. Stay healthy, Azzi and Caroline find the range, the energy level doesn’t dip. All the rest is just Nika Lou Aaliyah Dorka Aubrey doing what they do so well.

Reaction Score
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if any of the top teams got knocked off early, or won it. I think the NATY goes to one of these teams: Parity is strong and any of these teams on a given night can be lights out.

SC? Given
Iowa - Certainly can
Indiana - Certainly can
UConn - Certainly can
Stanford - to be determined. Not sure about them.
VT - Maybe?
I question whether Iowa is a "Certainly can."

With their offense, the can beat ANY team on a given day. However, a championship run requires more than that. You have to be able to beat any opponent on every day for 6 games. I don't think their defense is strong enough to win on the days their offense isn't clicking.

Simply not balanced enough.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think it all depends on matchups/regionals. I can't imagine the NCAA will put UCONN in SC's bracket which would be a big benefit to UCONN. Aside from that, I think it's still an uphill battle vs. Stanford/Indiana but can definitely be pulled off. Toss up vs Iowa. Advantage UCONN going up against Virginia Tech in the Elite 8.

As for 3 seeds in a Sweet 16 matchup--I think all of the likely projected 3s favor UCONN, though Ohio State could cause problems with Sheldon back. UCONN playing like they did in the BET shouldn't have trouble with Duke or LSU. Notre Dame is a shell of themselves without Miles so that matchup heavily favors the Huskies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom