SNYDER is killing WM | The Boneyard

SNYDER is killing WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SNY, spell check changed it! Apparently u can edit ur message but not the title. But then again, I am a caveman on typing........

Reaction Score
All 3 of the commentators killed Manuel.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I LOVE the way this team plays for KO. Now give him some help in recruiting and sign him to an extension!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That entire dialogue about the contract right now was really uncomfortable, but JC commenting about it was the most uncomfortable of all. I love the guy, and I hate the contract situation, but someone has to tell him that him saying that stuff publicly ain't gonna help Warde get over his insecurity.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
KO made adjustments. The kids executed the adjustments and extended the lead. Nice coaching KO!

Reaction Score
It's just confusing to me...I don't get what WM is trying to accomplish at this point. I am not saying that you need to sign KO right now because I am sure that he is going to turn out to be a great coach. I am saying that you need to sign him because there is a cost of doing business in college basketball. Coaches can't recruit without long-term contracts...giving a coach a 3-4 yr deal is simply the norm and if you have to fire him you absorb those costs.

Not signing KO hurts him in the long run. So KO does well with this years kids...can't recruit...get signed to a long term deal...misses out on 2 years of kids and then later doesnt have the talent to have success that UConn fans are accustomed to and gets fired. That is WM's fault because he never gave KO a chance to succeed.

If KO gets a contract, recruits kids, then sucks, that is KO's fault and you fire him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It's just confusing to me...I don't get what WM is trying to accomplish at this point. I am not saying that you need to sign KO right now because I am sure that he is going to turn out to be a great coach. I am saying that you need to sign him because there is a cost of doing business in college basketball. Coaches can't recruit without long-term contracts...giving a coach a 3-4 yr deal is simply the norm and if you have to fire him you absorb those costs.

Not signing KO hurts him in the long run. So KO does well with this years kids...can't recruit...get signed to a long term deal...misses out on 2 years of kids and then later doesnt have the talent to have success that UConn fans are accustomed to and gets fired. That is WM's fault because he never gave KO a chance to succeed.

If KO gets a contract, recruits kids, then sucks, that is KO's fault and you fire him.

I think Manuel looks at it this way: If Ollie fails, then he can fire him. If Ollie succeeds, and Manuel spends a whole season publicly humiliating Ollie, Ollie will have other offers and leave. Either way, Ollie is gone.

At this point, it is impossible to believe that this is anything other than a personal pissing match between Manuel and Calhoun. Manuel would clearly rather destroy the basketball program than back down.

Reaction Score
I think Manuel looks at it this way: If Ollie fails, then he can fire him. If Ollie succeeds, and Manuel spends a whole season publicly humiliating Ollie, Ollie will have other offers and leave. Either way, Ollie is gone.

At this point, it is impossible to believe that this is anything other than a personal pissing match between Manuel and Calhoun. Manuel would clearly rather destroy the basketball program than back down.

I doubt it. They wouldn't be taking in women's games together and stuff if this were the case.

Reaction Score
Ollie's not going anywhere, but he's getting a heck of a lot of good PR from the national media. That's something JC rarely got. I think they'll announce it at UConn's first nationally televised BE game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom