SNY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SNY

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
"Aresco notes the conference plays football games on Thursday and Friday nights -- allowing for TV exposure away from college football's glut of games on Saturdays -- and says he wants to schedule football "creatively" for TV. And on that, he manages to point to an issue involving the league that seems to have been settled: "We won't be playing (football) on Mondays and Tuesdays and ESPN hasn't asked us to do that."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport.../big-east-tv-rights-espn-fox-cbs-nbc/2000245/

"Aresco said the Big East won't be playing football on Sundays, Mondays or Tuesdays under the new deal. There could be "a Wednesday or two" to accommodate ESPN, he said, but the bulk of games will be on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-mike-aresco-catholic-7-negotiations/1957721/

Arg, facts and sources - my great nemesis.

Thanks Medic.

C

Chief00

Another thing for you simpletons to remember is that part of someone's job as an AD is to spit a bunch of bulls**t.

I don't believe most of what Warde says the media is what he actually believes, and you shouldn't either.
OK - so this is the best case scenario impression of Warde. My observation is what a bad time to have a guy in a key position in totally over his head.

As season ticket holder, I will miss the Saturday games. I don't mind a Thursday or Friday night game - but a whole schedule of them is unappealing especially when the weather turns colder.

Reaction Score
OK - so this is the best case scenario impression of Warde. My observation is what a bad time to have a guy in a key position in totally over his head.

As season ticket holder, I will miss the Saturday games. I don't mind a Thursday or Friday night game - but a whole schedule of them is unappealing especially when the weather turns colder.
Whole schedule of conference games, not necessarily UConn games. Your fears are unwarranted.

Reaction Score
I agree with the dissenters here. We should have acted similarly to how Texas treats the rest of the Big 12. I agree with bizlaw that exposure should be paramount, but it's still vague if "national exposure" means we're all going to be watching UConn games on our IPADs. I think we're the headmaster of this new conference and we should have been the on driving the bus on this new TV deal whether we're around 3 years from now or not. Instead I get the impression Warde was happy sitting in the back of the bus with his box of donuts.
You want UConn to be the driver of this bus? Drive us to where? I would rather be a passenger; 1st stop B1G. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom