SNY UConnHuskies.TV | The Boneyard

SNY UConnHuskies.TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
SNY - Link

Apparently this is the link that will contain the live streams of the games and Geno Show. Don't know how long the site has been up. You can also register to receive updates.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting - maybe a few people will relax a little about their ability to get games on-line if they do not get the SNY station.

Reaction Score
Well it has been up for at least a week and a half. I know because I signed up to get an e mail when they know more info since SNY is not a part of Charter here in Western MA. This will be my only option to watch the UCONN Women play this year. ugh

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Mine as well here in Indiana. I look forward to seeing what type of service they will provide - but not looking forward to what it costs. :)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Well it has been up for at least a week and a half. I know because I signed up to get an e mail when they know more info since SNY is not a part of Charter here in Western MA. This will be my only option to watch the UCONN Women play this year. ugh

Alexmia...I have a place in The Berkshires, and my Direct TV has a SNY option.

Reaction Score
SNY - Link

Apparently this is the link that will contain the live streams of the games and Geno Show. Don't know how long the site has been up. You can also register to receive updates.

Thanks so much. I really had been concerned about this. Now Ohio will be watching!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
True sports junkies gotta have DirecTV. It tends to be more reliable than cable, plus carries all the local Fox stations, SNY, NESN, etc. and most non-pro sports are not blacked out. Very cool.

Plus the pro channels for MLB extra innings, NFL Sunday Ticket, Full Court, etc.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I know a bunch of folks are dealing with the no TV issue for the first time, but I have to say SNY is an option for a whole lot of people that only had the hoopstreams option before. And I suspect that the SNY streaming will probably have better band width than hoopstreams had - it was OK but on any given game it could be really frustrating.
I spend half my time in FL and am very happy I will get SNY through ATT Uverse.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
True sports junkies gotta have DirecTV. It tends to be more reliable than cable, plus carries all the local Fox stations, SNY, NESN, etc. and most non-pro sports are not blacked out. Very cool.

Plus the pro channels for MLB extra innings, NFL Sunday Ticket, Full Court, etc.
Indeed. DirectTV with Sports Pack and Sunday Ticket are pretty vital.

Now, the magic question: are all UConn games being televised? SNY said they'd televise at least 20, and now the website linked in the OP states 20 specifically. CBS College Sports always has a game. Big East TV typically does as well. CBS mothership tends to have one, and I recall a few ESPN Big Monday games involved UConn. That gets us to 26. Are the Paradise Jam games not going to be televised?

Reaction Score
You're not including the early season ESPN games and others, which aren't part of the Big Monday package. Typically there are about 10 nationally televised regular season games. Last season there were 9 nationally televised games on ESPN, CBS, and CBSSN plus 1 Big East TV game against Georgetown that CPTV was able to acquire the rights to simulcast. SNY may not be able to get the rights to simulcast the BETV game. And they don't know yet how many ESPN will pickup, but they usually pickup at as many as they are contractually allowed.

SNY was previously quoted as saying there intention was to broadcast every game available to them. Where they follow through is unknown, but I wouldn't be concerned by the "at least 20 games." All they are doing is committing to broadcast every single game they know they have the rights to.
Indeed. DirectTV with Sports Pack and Sunday Ticket are pretty vital.

Now, the magic question: are all UConn games being televised? SNY said they'd televise at least 20, and now the website linked in the OP states 20 specifically. CBS College Sports always has a game. Big East TV typically does as well. CBS mothership tends to have one, and I recall a few ESPN Big Monday games involved UConn. That gets us to 26. Are the Paradise Jam games not going to be televised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom