OT: - Sny Streaming Update | The Boneyard

OT: Sny Streaming Update

Reaction Score
There has been no discussion on this topic since 2015 (according to my search results) and a lot has happened in the streaming world. I, like a lot of people, am getting fed up with cable price increases. I live in Ct so I am in the blackout area and cannot watch the women’s games on ESPN3. Is there a way to access SNY on a streaming format? I am willing to pay a subscription fee but I cannot find SNY on Roku. If there is a fee, how much is it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There has been no discussion on this topic since 2015 (according to my search results) and a lot has happened in the streaming world. I, like a lot of people, am getting fed up with cable price increases. I live in Ct so I am in the blackout area and cannot watch the women’s games on ESPN3. Is there a way to access SNY on a streaming format? I am willing to pay a subscription fee but I cannot find SNY on Roku. If there is a fee, how much is it.
ESPN owns the rights to ALL AAC major sports. They have an agreement with SNY to allow SNY to produce and broadcast most Uconn WCBB games, but in return SNY is required to provide ESPN with the broadcast feed for their streaming service. SO SNY has no rights to streaming Uconn games and hasn't since the day the AAC signed the contract with ESPN.

We are lucky that SNY was still interested in honoring their contract with Uconn even after they lost the exclusive rights when the conference realignment occurred. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
I suspect you may have heard this before but . . . you should be able to watch the games on ESPN3 if you use a virtual private network (VPN). This works when streaming ESPN3 through your computer. (In turn, you can output your computer to any monitor.) The VPN app. basically makes it appear as if you are located in some other geographic area.) Plenty of info. on this on the internet.

Reaction Score
thanks connie for this info....I will look into a VPN. Are there good ones and bad ones? There seems to be plenty to choose from.

Reaction Score

Just use a VPN or DNS proxy service to avoid the blackout.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom