SNY Season in Review Show | The Boneyard

SNY Season in Review Show

Reaction Score
It confuses me when people say Jalen isn't a great athlete.

Reaction Score

I watched a replay of the Michigan game from his freshmen year (incidentally, my memory is that we were much better than we actually were) and Jalen looked much quicker and explosive and really dug in defensively. Granted, he wasn't required to play 73 minutes a game, handle, pass, and shoot at all times...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Fortunately, SNY spent 2/3rds of the episode focusing on the future as they are aware of how bad the last 2 seasons have been.
Even more fortunately, Taylor Rooks was on screen 100% of the time that I was watching. I had no idea it was on but stumbled on it while looking for Mets highlights.

Reaction Score

He's fluid, long and coordinated (with his right hand). Also very creative.

But he's not as eexplosive as your average NBA guard. He is way higher than your average hs baller, obviously. But not quite up to snuff considering his NBA dreams.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Please tell me that Taylor is unattached. I need a reason to go on.
She's a pretty woman, obviously, but she's pretty good at her job. She moved that thing right along. Tarik Turner, by comparison, was unprepared and didn't provide any insight. "UConn only returned two player who played significant minutes the prior season, Adams, and uh, um Gilbert, but uh Gilbert was injured." The name you are looking for is Vital, idiot.

Reaction Score
He's fluid, long and coordinated (with his right hand). Also very creative.

But he's not as eexplosive as your average NBA guard. He is way higher than your average hs baller, obviously. But not quite up to snuff considering his NBA dreams.

I disagree. We threw him a backdoor alley-oop this year that he finished with two hands. He's as good of an athlete as the middle of the road NBA point guards (Lowry, Collison, Elfrid Payton, Augustin, Rubio, Teague, etc.) He's in the same class athletically as those guys IMO.

Reaction Score
I’m a huge Yankee fan and I liked the comparison they made between JC and KO and how it relates to Yankees Joe Torre and Joe Giradri. Quick World Series followed by mediocre (at best) seasons. Ticket sales down, program declining, etc. Ableit Yankees now have Aaron Boone and UConn has Dam Hurley both went in different directions with the new hires

Reaction Score
I disagree. We threw him a backdoor alley-oop this year that he finished with two hands. He's as good of an athlete as the middle of the road NBA point guards (Lowry, Collison, Elfrid Payton, Augustin, Rubio, Teague, etc.) He's in the same class athletically as those guys IMO.

I think pure vertical he may be on par, but his foot speed isn't great.

We'll find out in the combine after.next year (I hope). Shabazz surprised a lot of people with his #s back in 2014. His vertical ended up being 37.5".. apparently he's improved it by 5in since joining the league. That would put him just under 43". That's crazy for a guy that seemed to be more earthbound than a lot of college guards.

Reaction Score
If we’re talking about vertical/jumping ability, Jalen is significantly better than all of those guys you listed. Our offense and lack of fast break opportunities don’t allow for our players to show much explosion, but check Jalen’s High School highlights, and the stuff Corey Porter gets from practices. Jalen has above average athleticism for a PG.

Reaction Score
How nice of NBC Universal (8% ownership of SNY) to block the video. They don't advertise their content, air the thing once, don't post it online, and don't let others post it online. It's like they don't want their content to been seen anywhere.

Reaction Score
How nice of NBC Universal (8% ownership of SNY) to block the video. They don't advertise their content, air the thing once, don't post it online, and don't let others post it online. It's like they don't want their content to been seen anywhere.
These companies are still in the Stone age.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
One thing from this that irked me was that Taylor said multiple times that Jalen Adams would be back next year. She didn't say probably, but was definitive about it. I would expect him back, but it's definitely not a certainty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom