SNY Question: Rutgers and UConn Ratings? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SNY Question: Rutgers and UConn Ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hmn, seems like someone hit a nerve.....

I'd suggest that, having won the conference realignment lottery, it is far more "lowlife, low class” to come on the board of the university that fared the absolute worst in the process and repeatedly say: “look at me and tell me I’m pretty.” Here’s some news for you Snooki, no one else is going to validate you. If your feelings get bruised that easily, stay on your own board and pretend that anyone else in the B1G actuallythinks of you as a peer institution.

About the type of response I would expect from someone who doesn't come from good stock....someone from the shallow end of the "class and integrity" pool. Not sure if you're just immature and still in school...if so, then I understand your childish rants about Rutgers. Oh well, time for me to go back to the adults table to talk about Big Ten football....and leave you alone.

I wish UCONN the best of luck in the NWU (nobody wants us) Conference your school appears to be spearheading.

caw

Reaction Score
Back to the SNY deal. I think I asked this before and didn't receive an answer (or at least didn't see one).

I don't know a ton about media contracts, but theoretically, how do UConn's media deals work in regards to how the ACC media deal (s?) is constructed? Would they mesh at all?

Reaction Score
From what understand our SNY deal is considered tier 3. In the acc teams sign away their tier three rights to espn and raycom. Therefore I do not believe the deal with SNY would be honored and continued

Back to the SNY deal. I think I asked this before and didn't receive an answer (or at least didn't see one).

I don't know a ton about media contracts, but theoretically, how do UConn's media deals work in regards to how the ACC media deal (s?) is constructed? Would they mesh at all?

caw

Reaction Score
From what understand our SNY deal is considered tier 3. In the acc teams sign away their tier three rights to espn and raycom. Therefore I do not believe the deal with SNY would be honored and continued

I wish the details of the SNY/UConn deal were available publicly.

I was actually also curious about the IMG - UConn deal is radio (?) and wouldn't be affected?

Reaction Score

To be clear, just because UConn gives rights to a conference doesn't mean the SNY deal would go away. The ACC would presumably renew it and take the unless they have a more lucrative use for the Tier 3 rights in question.

May that be an issue we have to care about soon.

Reaction Score

caw

Reaction Score
To be clear, just because UConn gives rights to a conference doesn't mean the SNY deal would go away. The ACC would presumably renew it and take the unless they have a more lucrative use for the Tier 3 rights in question.

May that be an issue we have to care about soon.

But the ACC has an exclusive rights deal with ESPN/Raycom for tier three games. Would that supersede the deal UConn has with SNY?

BTW found what I was looking for in regards to IMG deal, ACC teams have individual deals for radio. So nevermind.

Reaction Score
But the ACC has an exclusive rights deal with ESPN/Raycom for tier three games. Would that supersede the deal UConn has with SNY?

BTW found what I was looking for in regards to IMG deal, ACC teams have individual deals for radio. So nevermind.

The ACC would have to "buy out" the UConn rights from the ESPN Raycome deal then.

Just like water seeks its own level, tier 3 rights will be used to generate the maximum income for the conference. Whether that's ESPN selling UConn rights to SNY, or being bought out of them, or exploiting them itself.

Again, may we face this problem soon.

Reactions: caw

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
The ACC would have to "buy out" the UConn rights from the ESPN Raycome deal then.

Just like water seeks its own level, tier 3 rights will be used to generate the maximum income for the conference. Whether that's ESPN selling UConn rights to SNY, or being bought out of them, or exploiting them itself.

Again, may we face this problem soon.

That would be a nice problem!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
About the type of response I would expect from someone who doesn't come from good stock....someone from the shallow end of the "class and integrity" pool. Not sure if you're just immature and still in school...if so, then I understand your childish rants about Rutgers. Oh well, time for me to go back to the adults table to talk about Big Ten football....and leave you alone.

I wish UCONN the best of luck in the NWU (nobody wants us) Conference your school appears to be spearheading.
Seriously? Eugenics? You are, well, kind of creepy.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Eugenics? You are, well, kind of creepy.

The next post where you don't come off as a name-calling, insult-hurling simpleton...will be your first.

You manage to embarrass yourself and your school with every post, displaying your immaturity. But I'm "creepy."

You win.

Reaction Score
Growing college sports in the NYC market is like trying to grow a tree in a tub of acid. Same goes for Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom