SNY President Steve Raab on Relationship w/UConn | The Boneyard

SNY President Steve Raab on Relationship w/UConn

Reaction Score
At this point, we need to thank the good lord that SNY is still committed to this marriage with us. No idea how long the contract runs till but goodness, who would actually want to show anything UConn football related on their network? Hopefully, men's basketball is an anomaly this year. If the women's basketball games are our saving grace, SNY will ditch us very soon.

Reaction Score
I doubt UConn football couldn't bye shown on the community television in UConn soon...I bet the ratings for team handball between Prospa and Vardar (both real teams in the Macedonian Super Handball League) would be higher than a UConn football team.

When it was being upgraded, I was worried that we can't compete with the big boys, now with the split of the P5 and G6, I think we need to say, it was a good run, but lacrosse is the future.

Reaction Score
I doubt UConn football couldn't bye shown on the community television in UConn soon...I bet the ratings for team handball between Prospa and Vardar (both real teams in the Macedonian Super Handball League) would be higher than a UConn football team.

When it was being upgraded, I was worried that we can't compete with the big boys, now with the split of the P5 and G6, I think we need to say, it was a good run, but lacrosse is the future.
I actually heard that Lacrosse is coming in 2019...AND...we get to keep football!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I actually heard that Lacrosse is coming in 2019...AND...we get to keep football!
I hope not. We can't afford it. If anything we should can m/w cross country, m/w tennis, m golf to get down to NCAA minimum number of sports.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well sure, but only because it has Super in the name.

Reaction Score
It's getting funded?
I have no idea..I heard it from 2 seperate people who are friends of mine. 1 is a alum who played club lacrosse there and was approached by a friend of his who has a son that plays in high school and is starting to hear from colleges that was told they are going D-1 in lacrosse in 2919. Another friend of mine has a son who is a very good lacrosse player that is middle school age. I asked him if he had heard the rumor and he said yes...2019.

Reaction Score
I have no idea..I heard it from 2 seperate people who are friends of mine. 1 is a alum who played club lacrosse there and was approached by a friend of his who has a son that plays in high school and is starting to hear from colleges that was told they are going D-1 in lacrosse in 2919. Another friend of mine has a son who is a very good lacrosse player that is middle school age. I asked him if he had heard the rumor and he said yes...2019.

Interesting rumor that I would love to see happen. I recall seeing it reported on the Boneyard in another thread, perhaps from you. I can definitely see it happening if UConn were to get into a P5 conference. Otherwise, I can't imagine UConn adding another sports program because of funding issues.

Reaction Score

This rumor has been around for several years, but hopefully this time it's for real.

Reaction Score
Well, if we can afford 3-4 athletic directors, we can probably afford lacrosse.

Reaction Score
The one thing about lacrosse is this. The recruiting budget doesn't have to be large..between Mass, CY, NY , NJ and MD you can in 4-5 hrs tops drive anywhere in the best lacrosse recruiting area in the country. I think it would be a very good move for UConn to jump in.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Lacrosse isn't played in the AAC either so travel costs would be relatively low. Not that travel costs matter that much.

Seriously... I wonder if shizzle got beat up by the men's cross country team or something... seriously the entire cross country team probably cost less than the football team spends on cream cheese for their bagels.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Lacrosse isn't played in the AAC either so travel costs would be relatively low. Not that travel costs matter that much.

Seriously... I wonder if shizzle got beat up by the men's cross country team or something... seriously the entire cross country team probably cost less than the football team spends on cream cheese for their bagels.
We have a major state budget problem. When we have more male sports (10) than P5 schools UCLA (9) and WVU (8), we're doing something wrong.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
We have a major state budget problem. When we have more male sports (10) than P5 schools UCLA (9) and WVU (8), we're doing something wrong.

Only if you think small.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom