SNY I'm outraged | The Boneyard

SNY I'm outraged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why SNY did not switch to the UConn game when it started, for CT viewers? I am really outraged that I could not see the game until after the 2nd quarter started. Last week they switched when the UConn game started for most of the CT market.

Reaction Score
I love that I got lambasted when I questioned some of the benefits of the tv deal with SNY when it was announced.

The bottom line is that SNY really needs an alternate/ SNY2/SNY+ available to all. If this happens on ESPN, then the UCONN game ends up on ESPNews or ESPN Classic for awhile. MSG? They'd throw it on MSG2, and so on and so forth.

CT and UCONN fans are being treated as second fiddle to Mets, Rutgers and an occasional boxing match.

SNY-2, UCONN 0.

Reaction Score
Was this because of the Syracuse / Rutgers OT? If so I don't blame them, two NY teams game still running, you gotta keep it on.

Reaction Score
Was this because of the Syracuse / Rutgers OT? If so I don't blame them, two NY teams game still running, you gotta keep it on.

What made it worse was that they refused to cut to the UCONN game while Rutgers was on. There was an injury timeout and SNY kept coverage on the trainers while they worked on a guys knee for 5 minutes. Why not cut over to the other game? Then to top things off, SNY still did a Rutgers post-game show (albeit < 5 mins) while the UCONN game was going on.

Reaction Score
What made it worse was that they refused to cut to the UCONN game while Rutgers was on. There was an injury timeout and SNY kept coverage on the trainers while they worked on a guys knee for 5 minutes. Why not cut over to the other game? Then to top things off, SNY still did a Rutgers post-game show (albeit < 5 mins) while the UCONN game was going on.

OK, that is not cool then. ESPN would normally switch back and forth if there's a score but would let the first game finish. Post-game show needs to be postponed in that case too.

Reaction Score
I still think that in the Connecticut - except maybe the southwestern portion of CT - they should have switched.

Reaction Score
Understand this.. a lot of folks don't like CT... Just they don't like Boston... Too bad it's being allowed by the folks in CT responsible for making sure that us fans get what we're suppose to get...

Reaction Score
It's about respect. Right now UConn isn't commanding any. They will. Just not yet.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
One upstate New York team, one central New Jersey team.

By the way the "New York" team is is 258 miles away from Madison Square Garden. The University of Connecticut is 120 miles (+) closer.

Don't drink the kool aid.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Eh, I'm a little more outraged that UConn 'fans' in Connecticut watch the game on TV rather than coming out to Rentschler.

Reaction Score
Exactly. I was at the Rent so I'm being very casual about it. Unfortunately Syracuse is still in the same state as NY and Rutgers is closer than us. I know a lot of UConn alums in NY but unfortunately I know more Syracuse alums.

Reaction Score
Eh, I'm a little more outraged that UConn 'fans' in Connecticut watch the game on TV rather than coming out to Rentschler.

It's expensive to go out to a game and since most cant afford to go to many you want to at least pick and choose what kind of matchups are the most interesting. Western Michigan just didnt strike that appeal to me.

Reaction Score
You are part of what is wrong with this fan base. Tickets are no more than $30 / ea and you can get discounted seats for $20 / ea. True fans go to every game they can. You think folks at Alabama think its too expensive to pay for a ticket when they play Alcorn State?
It's expensive to go out to a game and since most cant afford to go to many you want to at least pick and choose what kind of matchups are the most interesting. Western Michigan just didnt strike that appeal to me.

Reaction Score
You are part of what is wrong with this fan base. Tickets are no more than $30 / ea and you can get discounted seats for $20 / ea. True fans go to every game they can. You think folks at Alabama think its too expensive to pay for a ticket when they play Alcorn State?

You really think it's appropriate to tell people how they should spend their money? I am out of work right now and we're struggling to pay bills and you think I should be dropping money driving about an hour away using gas and paying for parking on top of the ticket expenditures all to see a MAC team? What I am noticing from this "fan base" is that there seem to be a few real mushroom caps who jump down the throat of any new fan that comes along because they just arent good enough for them.

Reaction Score
You really think it's appropriate to tell people how they should spend their money? I am out of work right now and we're struggling to pay bills and you think I should be dropping money driving about an hour away using gas and paying for parking on top of the ticket expenditures all to see a MAC team? What I am noticing from this "fan base" is that there seem to be a few real mushroom caps who jump down the throat of any new fan that comes along because they just arent good enough for them.

I think he's just trying explain that comparatively speaking the price is very reasonable. A buddy of mine lives near State College, PA and I think the cheapest ticket price for the last home game (Eastern Michigan - not even a conference game) was $78 - and they have no trouble putting 100,000 people in that stadium. Getting in to a UConn game is much cheaper than a lot of FBS games.

Speaking of the fanbase, where I sit in Sec 229 we can see the line of people walking in to the stadium from the lots. I could see this line stretching out deep into the 2nd quarter. And in a tight game, before the 4th quarter started, you could see the line of fans walking back out to the cars. THAT is pathetic.

Reaction Score
I think he's just trying explain that comparatively speaking the price is very reasonable. A buddy of mine lives near State College, PA and I think the cheapest ticket price for the last home game (Eastern Michigan - not even a conference game) was $78 - and they have no trouble putting 100,000 people in that stadium. Getting in to a UConn game is much cheaper than a lot of FBS games.

Speaking of the fanbase, where I sit in Sec 229 we can see the line of people walking in to the stadium from the lots. I could see this line stretching out deep into the 2nd quarter. And in a tight game, before the 4th quarter started, you could see the line of fans walking back out to the cars. THAT is pathetic.

agree. ct is filled with people who are conditioned to be front-runners. it is thoroughly irritating to hear grown men with yankees hats taunting strangers simply b/c they are wearing sox gear. i don't think i've seen treatment that bad in downtown manhattan. that says all you need to know about many of our fans.

Reaction Score
agree. ct is filled with people who are conditioned to be front-runners. it is thoroughly irritating to hear grown men with yankees hats taunting strangers simply b/c they are wearing sox gear. i don't think i've seen treatment that bad in downtown manhattan. that says all you need to know about many of our fans.

I am a Pirates fan for the record. That being said the Uconn Football program is new and unknown to a lot of state residents. I am more of a NFL fan but I am trying to get into college football and figure Uconn would be the appropriate team to get behind. I love the defense but man I can't stand the offensive style of the team. I want to make it out to at least one game this year but like I said earlier if I am going to be going to one game I want it to be something better than a matchup like Western Michigan. I think a lot of new fans are like that too. They havent completely bought in and arent purchasing season tickets, they are looking to sample the atmosphere so they're much more likely to wait for a more interesting matchup before making the effort to attend a game. Jumping down new fans throats about this is not the way to encourage more to come and be interested.

Reaction Score
BG79, my intent was not to imply that all new fans are front-runners. i don't believe that being a new fan and being a front-runner are mutually inclusive; however i think we have a lot of fans who get an unhealthy amount of pride from associating themselves with a "winner", and they are not shy about showing it off.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The prices are actually even more reasonable that that. You could have sat anywhere you wanted in the stadium buying tickets from scalpers for $5 before kickoff.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for me I had major car trouble mid-day Friday and the mechanic won't be able to run a full diagnostic (to see what needs to be done) until Monday. I was left with zero time to make alternate travel arrangements so I had to eat the tickets.

Reaction Score

If people did not watch on television, virtually all the FBS programs would go broke. I feel no guilt. I simply do not enjoy football as much at the stadium as I do on television. Both because I can see the game better on television and because winning just seems more important than when I see a game in person. When I'm there, I realize it is just a game. :)

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for me I had major car trouble mid-day Friday and the mechanic won't be able to run a full diagnostic (to see what needs to be done) until Monday. I was left with zero time to make alternate travel arrangements so I had to eat the tickets.

Next time let me know. WOuld have been happy to take you and your son up.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Next time let me know. WOuld have been happy to take you and your son up.
Thank you for the offer BL!

Personally I hope there won't be a next time.

Reaction Score

I have to agree as one who is not a season ticket holder but goes to the Spring Game and 2-3 others and Michigan last year. When I go it's usually with guys who are totally new to UConn FB. We need to grow the fanbase not rip each other for the size of our checkbooks or the amount of other obligations we might have.

Reaction Score
I love that I got lambasted when I questioned some of the benefits of the tv deal with SNY when it was announced.

The bottom line is that SNY really needs an alternate/ SNY2/SNY+ available to all. If this happens on ESPN, then the UCONN game ends up on ESPNews or ESPN Classic for awhile. MSG? They'd throw it on MSG2, and so on and so forth.

CT and UCONN fans are being treated as second fiddle to Mets, Rutgers and an occasional boxing match.

SNY-2, UCONN 0.
My provider has an SNYa but so far I have never seen any programming on it. Saturday was a little like the NCAA tournament gets sometimes...you have one game going into overtime and CBS mucks around with wheterh to transfer you to "your" game or continue to carry the other one. SNY hasn't quite figured this out yet, and for all I know might not be advanced enough or big enough to make those kind of switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom