SNY coverage... more but less? | The Boneyard

SNY coverage... more but less?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SNY was supposed to bring us more, and better, pre and post game coverage. Last night, no pre game. The half time clips were repeats of Friday. The post game "show" was again mostly repeats. Let's hope there will be improvement in 2013.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Same question from me. They have only done a couple of pregame/postgame gigs so far. Was expecting it as a standard part of coverage.
Still - I tune in to other WCBB games on various other sports networks and the production values are terrible - sort of like HS coverage. And the same for a bunch of men's games as well. We forget how lucky we are to have truely great production on our games. CPTV was really good over the last few years, but SNY has stepped it up another level. The camera angles, number of cameras, replays, etc. are definitely national level.
And while a number of people complain about the on air talent, I find it as good as most of the ESPN talent. Familiarity may breed contempt, but there are a few ESPN announcers for WCBB that I have contempt for with a lot less familiarity!

Reaction Score
SNY was supposed to bring us more, and better, pre and post game coverage. Last night, no pre game. The half time clips were repeats of Friday. The post game "show" was again mostly repeats. Let's hope there will be improvement in 2013.

The best, and most important improvement, is that **all** of the games are broadcast live here in Florida. I'll live just fine without pre and post game shows. I'm just happy to have the games. If you follow John Altavilla (@jaltavilla) and some of the other writers on Twitter you get all the news you could possibly want about the team and you get it immediately. The pre-game show is generally old news anyway.

SNY is a major improvement!

Reaction Score
I am delighted that the many UConn fans in Florida and other states out of the CPTV range can now see the games.

However, I was under the impression when new contract was announced that we would have more pre/post coverage and a continued number of Geno shows. Has not happened. I follow John A. and the other local columnists but that is not a substitute for the aforementioned shows.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One small peeve I have is that SNY simply uses the label Women's College Basketball for programming listings which makes it hard to record UConn games on DirecTV because that label overloads the DVR in about 48 hours given all of the sports package channels. A UConn Women's Basketball label would be nice since they label the rest of the coverage that way.

Reaction Score
If I am SNY and having to broadcast a piece of like this I am out of town.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I am delighted that the many UConn fans in Florida and other states out of the CPTV range can now see the games.

However, I was under the impression when new contract was announced that we would have more pre/post coverage and a continued number of Geno shows. Has not happened. I follow John A. and the other local columnists but that is not a substitute for the aforementioned shows.

We in Florida are delighted by your delight. So far, I'm getting good quality broadcasts...don't much care about bracketing.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I will have Brighthouse in Brevard County. Is it in there too?

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Ahhh..I thought you meant that Brighthouse was carrying SNY. That was going to make my year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom