Snore.zzZzzZZzzzzz. is this the off season? | The Boneyard

Snore.zzZzzZZzzzzz. is this the off season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bored out of my mind with the media and the BY the past 2 weeks. Just no real stories or anything. Weist seems as monotone as Coach P just younger... anybody have any red meat?

Reaction Score
No red meat? We fired a head coach mid-season for goodness sake. Hope your post is sarcastic, and if so, funny. If not? eish. Couple of more tidbits, how about Greene basically saying GDL made things way more complicated and Foley is changing the line back to what it was, or Tim Boyle more or less stating that PP was boring and brought 0 energy to the team, true validation for things we believed to be wrong?

Reaction Score
No red meat? We fired a head coach mid-season for goodness sake. Hope your post is sarcastic, and if so, funny. If not? eish. Couple of more tidbits, how about Greene basically saying GDL made things way more complicated and Foley is changing the line back to what it was, or Tim Boyle more or less stating that PP was boring and brought 0 energy to the team, true validation for things we believed to be wrong?
Yeah, im serious. I just want more. bye weeks are tough man. Greeene interview was interesting. short, but still interesting.

Reaction Score
I also think that nobody quite knows what to expect this Saturday. Is this team really as bad as it looked at times this year? Is it more talented but just poorly coached? (and it clearly was poorly coached.) Will a new quarterback and a new coach bring some life to the program? Or is there just such a lack of talent that Bill Bellicek couldn't get 3 wins out of these guys. Is the offense stagnant because the play calling doesn't match up with talent, is it predictable or is the ruskin theory, that GDL constantly over rode Weist's calls, really the problem.

I will be looking at a couple of things on Saturday:
  1. Can we finally get some kind of running game going?Can Foley's heros open some holes?
  2. Can the offensive line keep the true freshman quarterback upright at least most of the time?
  3. Is the play calling unimaginative and predictable ?
  4. What about the defense? How much of the problem is Hank vs. How much was Pasqualoni?
  5. does the team seem to be playing with some fire for a change?
  6. What happens if something goes wrong? does everybody default back to Pasqualoniball or is there a sense that "we can get it back?"
  7. does the freshman look like he really belongs at this level at this point or ws this just some desperate measure?
those are what I'll be looking for.

Reaction Score
boyle-gif.3841

Reaction Score
Here is what you're going to see. First 15 downs (besides punts or whatever) will be run, run, safe screen, run.
If the runs go for 85 yards and a couple of tds it works for me.

Reaction Score
Bored out of my mind with the media and the BY the past 2 weeks. Just no real stories or anything. Weist seems as monotone as Coach P just younger... anybody have any red meat?

Are you kidding me Cody??? There's been some KILLER haiku flying around here.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Chicago. what is in Chicago?

UCONN Alumni and I know they have events though out the country for them. This was one of them

Reaction Score
We fired our coach last week. The board was exploding. People were posting about everything.

But there was no game. No game, no news. We can't really speculate about what's going to happen until we, you know... play some football.

Patience.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Kid has a cannon, but if the screen works, it's okay, Cody.
Would like to see a bomb first or 2nd series though.
I may wet myself.

Reaction Score
Here is what you're going to see. First 15 downs (besides punts or whatever) will be run, run, safe screen, run.

Oh please! If that's the case, forfeit the last 7 games and start an initiative to reorganize the old Yankee Conference. Let's get out of the 1960's. If UConn is gonna lose games, let them be 37-35 not 16-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom