Sniffing Out Our Potential Coaching Search Competition - the ACC and B1G Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sniffing Out Our Potential Coaching Search Competition - the ACC and B1G Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rutgers scored to beat Temple with less than 30 seconds to play at home. In other words we were 30 seconds away from having Rutgers as competition. For the first time in my life I was happy to see them win.

Keep an eye on Rutgers.

Overall this is a good year to have an opening, the competition seems less than typical so we won't need to go the retread route, sorry Houston Nutt.

I still think we can get ourselves a great young coach in Lembo, Campbell, Mangini, Narduzzi.

Mangini is 57? I get the other 3 as being young, but not Big Mark

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Mangini is 57? I get the other 3 as being young, but not Big Mark

I think you're thinking of Mark Mangino (57) - the former HC at Kansas. Mangini is 42.

Reaction Score
Let's look at the positives that will attract candidates:
Burton & Schenkman Complex, the RENT, ability to pay attractive compensation, compliance support in place for student athletes, administrative backing for success.
Warde has to identify a coach who wants to use these tools to the utmost & achieve success on the playing field.
I don't care if he's a head coach from a lower level, an unemployed former coach who wishes to get back into coaching, or an assistant who wishes to strike out on his own. I just want him to be able to turn this Titanic out of the path of the iceberg & successfully pilot UConn to the port of WINNING!
UCONN needs to build the on campus stadium that has been talked about the last few years. Especially if we want a Big10 invite, it also would help a lot in recruiting, student attendance, and several other positives. The Rent is fine for now, but I know for a fact that a bigger (than the Rent) on campus stadium is on Warde's and Susan's wish list. I don't think it was that much of a coincidence that men's and women's basketball really began to take off after Gampel was built.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
UCONN needs to build the on campus stadium that has been talked about the last few years. Especially if we want a Big10 invite, it also would help a lot in recruiting, student attendance, and several other positives. The Rent is fine for now, but I know for a fact that a bigger (than the Rent) on campus stadium is on Warde's and Susan's wish list. I don't think it was that much of a coincidence that men's and women's basketball really began to take off after Gampel was built.

The only "talk" of this stadium is from the looney's on this board. It ain't never gonna happen. ever.

Reaction Score
Mike London has ONE HELL OF AN AGENT to get a contract with that
kind of buyout clause!

Sadly one UConn might have to insert to get a good coach to take a chance on us.

Reaction Score
The only "talk" of this stadium is from the looney's on this board. It ain't never gonna happen. ever.
It won't happen for a long, long time. But to say not ever is wrong, it will happen someday as the school grows.

Reaction Score

Not unless the Rent will be used for a MLS team, it'll be the home field for UConn FB. If you put a 60K+ Stadium in Storrs, Rt 44 would back up and Rt 6 would be even DEADLIER then it is!! The only way a 60K+ Stadium is built is if the Manchester -Willimantic rail ROW gets rebuilt, with a station in Coventry and a Monorail from that station to the stadium. That will happen RIGHT after -1) the NHL moves the Hurricanes to Hartford, 2) the NFL grants a franchise in Hartford, 3)MLB moves the Tampa Bay Rays to Hartford, 4)MLS put a franchise in The Rent and 5) The NBA put a team in Hartford (Right after a 22K arena is built for the Whalers and NBA team). The chances of that happening is the same as a Cubs-White Sox World Series next year...

Reaction Score
Not unless the Rent will be used for a MLS team, it'll be the home field for UConn FB. If you put a 60K+ Stadium in Storrs, Rt 44 would back up and Rt 6 would be even DEADLIER then it is!! The only way a 60K+ Stadium is built is if the Manchester -Willimantic rail ROW gets rebuilt, with a station in Coventry and a Monorail from that station to the stadium. That will happen RIGHT after -1) the NHL moves the Hurricanes to Hartford, 2) the NFL grants a franchise in Hartford, 3)MLB moves the Tampa Bay Rays to Hartford, 4)MLS put a franchise in The Rent and 5) The NBA put a team in Hartford (Right after a 22K arena is built for the Whalers and NBA team). The chances of that happening is the same as a Cubs-White Sox World Series next year...
Then there is hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate