Sneaky Pete - Amazon | The Boneyard

Sneaky Pete - Amazon

Reaction Score
Anyone start the new Bryan Cranston show on Amazon, Sneaky Pete? About 4 episodes in. Really like it.

Reaction Score
Watched episode 1 last night. Liked it and definitely in for the first season. My wife was cynical about it at first, but I convinced her to at least watch the entire the first episode (threatened to put the Young Pope on -which she hated ep. 1 of - and that sold her on Sneaky Pete). By the end of it she liked it as much if not more than I did. We're gonna watch another one tonight.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Finished it last night with the wife. We really liked it. Lot's of interesting characters in it. Plus I like con stuff anyway.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Going to watch it, just haven't yet. Too much other stuff to finish off (currently...Outlander).

Reaction Score
By the way, Sneaky Pete takes place in CT.
I don't know the CT connection; perhaps Cranston or some lead writer is from CT and wanted to make it the location.
Cool to see anyways, I'm halfway thru it. Good show and very good actors.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't know the CT connection; perhaps Cranston or some lead writer is from CT and wanted to make it the location.
Cool to see anyways, I'm halfway thru it. Good show and very good actors.
Checked out some stuff, but I see no connection. Shore and Yost (creator, showrunner) are both from Canada. Ribisi and Cranston are from CA. Amazon is out of Seattle.

????

Reaction Score
Checked out some stuff, but I see no connection. Shore and Yost (creator, showrunner) are both from Canada. Ribisi and Cranston are from CA. Amazon is out of Seattle.

????

I guess we're just lucky.
It will likely remain a mystery.

Reaction Score
I just finished the series and enjoyed it very much. A bunch of familiar faces from previous shows like Justified and Dexter. I thought they underused the Ben Vereen character a bit, but that's a minor nitpick. They definitely did a nice job of setting themselves up for Season 2.

One thing I didn't quite get was the character of the second dealer that was in on the scam. He was with them when they were divvying up the spoils and was the guy who didn't chip in for the memorial fund because he didn't know the guy. Had he been introduced previously to that scene? What role did he play in the scam? I'm guessing his role may have been edited out, but they couldn't edit him out of that final scene.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Bumping this as just finished season 1 and 1st episode of 2.

Took awhile to get wrapped up in this. Generally like Ribisi's other work, so stuck with it assuming he would deliver. About halfway thru, when you realize it's not just one con going on but a half dozen simultaneously, that's when it got compelling, and was ultimately worth it.

Didn't see the plot line for season 2 coming, but it certainly got me hooked for the next episodes. Reading it's not as much fun w/o Cranston, but we'll see.

Love the CT references. Such as:
TAYLOR: Just give it a week. Let this blow over.
OTTO: It's gonna blow over in a week? A cop was killed.
TAYLOR: Yeah, well, Fairfield's got the case. They're not idiots, but they're idiot adjacent.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bumping this as just finished season 1 and 1st episode of 2.

Took awhile to get wrapped up in this. Generally like Ribisi's other work, so stuck with it assuming he would deliver. About halfway thru, when you realize it's not just one con going on but a half dozen simultaneously, that's when it got compelling, and was ultimately worth it.

Didn't see the plot line for season 2 coming, but it certainly got me hooked for the next episodes. Reading it's not as much fun w/o Cranston, but we'll see.

Love the CT references. Such as:
TAYLOR: Just give it a week. Let this blow over.
OTTO: It's gonna blow over in a week? A cop was killed.
TAYLOR: Yeah, well, Fairfield's got the case. They're not idiots, but they're idiot adjacent.
I've started watching the second season. Might be more intricate (plotwise) than the 1st. At least there are more story lines going on. Pretty good so far.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Although the show is supposed to take place in Bridgeport and Trumbull, it was actually filmed in Rockland County, New York. So don't bother looking for local landmarks.

Reaction Score
Just binged season 3 while on vacation - better than season 2 - was really good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom