Sneaky-Good Recruiting Class | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sneaky-Good Recruiting Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agreed, Caron was way better.
It's a sad illustration of exactly how far college basketball talent has fallen over the last decade. I'm sure Otto and Caron's 2nd year stats are pretty similar.

Reaction Score
It's a sad illustration of exactly how far college basketball talent has fallen over the last decade. I'm sure Otto and Caron's 2nd year stats are pretty similar.

I didnt even look at stats before when I made the comparison and after looking they are mirror images, just about. Caron was also 2 years older than Otto going into their freshman seasons. They both do everything well on the court. You guys are really under rating Otto Porter.

Here are Otto and Caron's 2nd season stats.

Caron: 20.3 pts, 48.6% fg, 40% 3pt (shorter 3 than now), 77.9% FT, 3 ast, 7.5 rbs, 2.1 steals, 0.4 blocks

Otto: 16.1 pts, 51.1% fg, 46.8% 3pt, 76.4% FT, 2.5 ast, 7.6 rbs, 1.9 steals, 0.9 blocks

caw

Reaction Score
Porter is a great player, not sure how he will translate to the NBA. Not sure he will ever be a star. He looks painfully slow with the ball.

Reaction Score
75587_10151368296022886_812223610_n.png

Did u raid HFD's closet?

Reaction Score
I didnt even look at stats before when I made the comparison and after looking they are mirror images, just about. Caron was also 2 years older than Otto going into their freshman seasons. They both do everything well on the court. You guys are really under rating Otto Porter.

Here are Otto and Caron's 2nd season stats.

Caron: 20.3 pts, 48.6% fg, 40% 3pt (shorter 3 than now), 77.9% FT, 3 ast, 7.5 rbs, 2.1 steals, 0.4 blocks

Otto: 16.1 pts, 51.1% fg, 46.8% 3pt, 76.4% FT, 2.5 ast, 7.6 rbs, 1.9 steals, 0.9 blocks
Yeah pretty much my point. You just had to be a lot better to get those stats 10 years ago than you do now.

Reaction Score
Nolan will be a nice player next year. He's not incredible yet, might never be. I'd rather him get the min over TO for the last few games, see what we have in him.

Nolan should model his game after chris bosh. Both lefties with touch. Long and lean.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk

Reaction Score
Porter is a great player, not sure how he will translate to the NBA. Not sure he will ever be a star. He looks painfully slow with the ball.
I had the same observation, nice player but lacks quickness.

Reaction Score
My concern with Nolan was his strength and aggressiveness (or lack of being a frosh and not getting a ton of time).

I absolutely love the way he rips down rebounds and he has a long way but it seems mentally he is ready.. VS G town he had a beautiful pivot spin move to a nice lay in on the block.. I was so f'in pumped..

Late addition bonus - 4 year contributor..

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Porter is an above average college player. He is slow on defense and his handle is fairly clumsy. He has a beautiful stroke BUT nearly every 6'9" player in the NBA also has that stroke. I don't see him mixing it up with the bigger, faster , stronger forwards in the league. The fact that he didn't play the top comp in aau will also hinder him. The NBA is not a training ground. A lot of All Americans never became successful NBAers - he is good but I would take the Harris guy from Virginia over him any day

Reaction Score
Porter is an above average college player. He is slow on defense and his handle is fairly clumsy. He has a beautiful stroke BUT nearly every 6'9" player in the NBA also has that stroke. I don't see him mixing it up with the bigger, faster , stronger forwards in the league. The fact that he didn't play the top comp in aau will also hinder him. The NBA is not a training ground. A lot of All Americans never became successful NBAers - he is good but I would take the Harris guy from Virginia over him any day

The reason both guys you mention are nice college basketball players is they can shoot the ball. If you shoot the ball pretty well (Calhoun too) your handle doesn't need to be spectacular in college to get to the rim too just good enough. Like you say, Porter will need to tighten that up to be good at the next level. Harris reminds me of Szcerbiak and will carve out some minutes at the next level with the right team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom