SMU @ XL Pregame | The Boneyard

SMU @ XL Pregame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking for suggestions as to where would be a good spot to pregame for the SMU game Sunday. Heading up with 3 buddies and looking for a solid liquid lunch to get lubed up. Anyone have plans for before the game?

Reaction Score
Not sure what I will be doing before the game but the best places to go to are Vaughn's Irish Pub or City Steam. Get there early though (2 hours before the game) because the places get packed very quickly.

Reaction Score
Solid thanks. Someone else mentioned Vaughn's to me as well so i think I'll check it out.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Fair warning, any Irish or English style pubs are probably going to be mobbed Sunday around lunchtime because of the League Cup final (11 AM kick). If you're a soccer fan it will be a lot of fun (London derby between Chelsea and Tottenham), but you aren't you might want to avoid pubs in general. I can almost guarantee Vaughn's will be a madhouse.

Reaction Score
Rocking Horse is a good college bar with very cheap beers but Pig's Eye is my favorite (right above black eyed Sallys about a block from XL). They have 30 bars on tap, pool, free darts, giant jenga etc. I would highly recommend it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Didn't realize City Steam was so close; gonna have to check them out when we go to the AAC tournament.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Didn't realize City Steam was so close; gonna have to check them out when we go to the AAC tournament.
Not sure City Steam will be open pregame on Sunday. Vaughan's, McKinnons and The Tavern for sure yes.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Rocking Horse is a good college bar with very cheap beers but Pig's Eye is my favorite (right above black eyed Sallys about a block from XL). They have 30 bars on tap, pool, free darts, giant jenga etc. I would highly recommend it.
It says rocking horse and mckinnons are closed tomorrow and city steam opens at 4

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It says rocking horse and mckinnons are closed tomorrow and city steam opens at 4
McKinnons will be open. They always opens early for UConn games. They opened at 9 for Cincy.

Reaction Score
Rockinghorse has been open early for every single mid-day weekend game this year including the 11 AM start.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
City Steam was open for USF and CCSU.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
McKinnons will be open. They always opens early for UConn games. They opened at 9 for Cincy.
ok, i just went by what the websites said... i plan on going up there around 11-1115 so whatever is open... out of the tavern, mckinnons, and rockinghorse what would you recommend?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ok, i just went by what the websites said... i plan on going up there around 11-1115 so whatever is open... out of the tavern, mckinnons, and rockinghorse what would you recommend?

Vaughn's. Always Vaughn's.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

They are all fine, IMO. We probably will go to The Tavern since my buddy is a beer snob and they have the largest draft selection. I prefer the other two if I want to pound the Buds. Vaughn's has the best food, but I find it a bit staid pre-game. Perfect for older guys like whaler. We like City Steam but I don't trust them to be open early on Sunday's.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They are all fine, IMO. We probably will go to The Tavern since my buddy is a beer snob and they have the largest draft selection. I prefer the other two if I want to pound the Buds. Vaughn's has the best food, but I find it a bit staid pre-game. Perfect for older guys like whaler. We like City Steam but I don't trust them to be open early on Sunday's.

I just like Vaughn's because they have Tullamore and it's close to the entrance.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Was about to leave for the festivities, and some assclown blocked me in my driveway.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Has to be Johnnie Selvie
Whoever he is, I just called a tow truck. Hopefully an alumnus of either Syracuse, Duke, Kentucky, Providence, SMU, Boston College, George Mason, San Diego, NC State, or Memphis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom