SMU will not appeal postseason ban | The Boneyard

SMU will not appeal postseason ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I can't see how the AAC would put them in the conference tourney.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I believe it is in the Conference by-laws that if a team is ineligible for the NCAA Tournament, they are ineligible for ALL post season Tourneys, conference or otherwise. The AAC is still the same conference that was in place in 2013, just under a different name.

Reaction Score
If we weren't eligible in 2013 I sure as hell hope no one else with a post season ban is allowed to play in their conf tourney.

Reaction Score
Being banned from the last Big East Tournament really sucked. That said, I wouldn't have a problem with it if the AAC let them participate in the conference tourney.

Reaction Score
Being banned from the last Big East Tournament really sucked. That said, I wouldn't have a problem with it if the AAC let them participate in the conference tourney.
But the automatic bid goes to the conference tourney winner - and this is a conference that can't afford to let a banned team potentially win it. (but, I really hate what this does to their seniors).

Reaction Score
But the automatic bid goes to the conference tourney winner - and this is a conference that can't afford to let a banned team potentially win it. (but, I really hate what this does to their seniors).

I'm guessing the AAC will view the matter the same as you. If SMU is really good, though, couldn't their inclusion in the tournament help another AAC team in need of a marquee win? Also, it seems likely that whoever it is that wins the AAC Tournament will already be in as an at-large, so I don't think the chances of SMU stealing a bid are very high.

Reaction Score
Remember, the AAC is the Old Big East.

If they didn't let us participate 3 years ago, they won't let SMU participate this year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Was Syracuse allowed to participate in last season's ACC tournament? And wasn't it voted by the BE members whether UConn could participate in the BE tournament the year they were banned from the NCAA? And is there a record of how schools voted if there was a vote?

Tough call what should be done with SMU. If every player was guilty of an infraction than no sympathy. But if the infraction was by one or two players than that stinks for the rest of the team. However if they are included and that reduces another teams chances to continue into the post season how is that inclusion fair to the other teams players. On the third hand why did that team put itself in the position to have it's fate determined by SMU's exclusion?

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Makes March 3 even more interesting.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
IMO it is much more honorable to choose not to appeal compared to a certain pedophile enabler who ran a very dirty program but also seems to add a new angle to his appeal every couple of weeks

Reaction Score
I'm guessing the AAC will view the matter the same as you. If SMU is really good, though, couldn't their inclusion in the tournament help another AAC team in need of a marquee win? Also, it seems likely that whoever it is that wins the AAC Tournament will already be in as an at-large, so I don't think the chances of SMU stealing a bid are very high.

A team slotted for the NIT doesn't benefit from, say, a championship game tourney appearance unless they win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom