SMU @ Temple | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SMU @ Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's sad about Temple, is that if Nova hadn't blocked them from becoming a full BE member back in the 90's, Temple, under John Chaney, would likely have become one of UConn's biggest rivals, giving the Huskies a real rival in this league. Temple had some great teams (made the Elite 8 five times between 1988, and 2001), and Chaney was the type that would have gotten the UConn fanbase into a frenzy when he came to Storrs.

Reaction Score
What's sad about Temple, is that if Nova hadn't blocked them from becoming a full BE member back in the 90's, Temple, under John Chaney, would likely have become one of UConn's biggest rivals, giving the Huskies a real rival in this league. Temple had some great teams (made the Elite 8 five times between 1988, and 2001), and Chaney was the type that would have gotten the UConn fanbase into a frenzy when he came to Storrs.

And Chaney hated Calipari, so we were mutual in that respect.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Start of the season I had said Temple is going to be a pain in the arse. I think they were playing Cincy. They reminded me of Georgetown in the beginning. A Team that will surprise you. You never know who is coming to play. Think Temple will match today's game? Throwing down threes left and right. Can Coleman duplicate today's performance? Last year Temple had this guard that tore us up. Drove to the basket like it was practice.

The chances a guy comes off the bench again and shoots 7 for 7 including 5 for 5 3's is so remote.
After seeing SMU a few times this season, the only way you are going to beat them is to shoot lights out from the outside and hope they have a ho/hum game.
This is what happened
Hats off to Temple
UConn needs to, at the least, beat Temple and beat Cici and SMU at least once each while avoiding one of the WTF games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3
Top Bottom