SMU @ Temple | The Boneyard

SMU @ Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
8 minutes left, Temple up 11.

This would be huge for Temple, who fell out of the top 100 in Kenpom and are on the fringes of the top 100 in RPI. We need them to climb as high as possible so that our loss to them doesn't become a "bad" loss.

Reaction Score
8 minutes left, Temple up 11.

This would be huge for Temple, who fell out of the top 100 in Kenpom and are on the fringes of the top 100 in RPI. We need them to climb as high as possible so that our loss to them doesn't become a "bad" loss.
Wonder what happens with their season if SMU loses. Could see them just nosediving with the possibility of a perfect season gone.

Reaction Score
Watching ticker on smart phone. Looks like Temple is hot from three. Slipping away from SMU.

Reaction Score
Ooph - Coleman on Temple is 7-7 from 3.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
SMU 69 TU 78 with about 3 left

Reaction Score
Hopefully Temple can hold on. They are turning it over a lot trying to run the shot clock down.

Reaction Score
Well it looks like SMU is going down. Makes our loss to Temple even at home not look as bad. Still bad but not as bad. LOL!

Reaction Score
UCONN, Cincy, Tulsa and Temple. If we don't get 4 this is going to get crazy, and Memphis is out there.

Reaction Score
UCONN, Cincy, Tulsa and Temple. If we don't get 4 this is going to get crazy, and Memphis is out there.
Yes all those teams are legit even though I think Tulsa is a notch below since they really only have guards and not much else.

Reaction Score
I would think only Cincy and UConn have realistic chances.

Temple is going to need to beat Villanova, win out, and get a lot of luck, including Memphis and Houston finding their way into the RPI Top 100.

Reaction Score
Lol - guy on broadcast says that UCF is off to a great start in the conference and we'll find out today if they are for real. They're 4-1 in conference with 4 wins coming against USF and ECU. They lost to SMU by 15. I think it's safe to say UCF is not "for real".

Reaction Score

the problem is Temple and Tulsa did nothing non-conference other than Wichita St which has appeared more questionable. SMU and Cincinnati haven't done much either. This loss is going to bounce SMU down a bit as their schedule has been light. It lessens our chance of beating a top 10 team as so many other teams have done this year.

Reaction Score
Even more impressive when you consider Bond didn't play. Temple played out of their minds...especially from 3.

Temple is in good shape to potentially be the No. 1 seed in the American (because SMU is ineligible). They have already swept Cincy, beat us on our home floor, and beat SMU, and they don't have to play at SMU.

They are 5-2, and their tough games left are at Tulsa/at Houston, Memphis, Tulsa and UConn at home. Still not sure how they lost by nearly 30 at home to Houston. If they could ever beat Villanova next month they could be considered a fringe tournament team.

Reaction Score
Wonder what happens with their season if SMU loses. Could see them just nosediving with the possibility of a perfect season gone.
I agree tcf15. Will be interesting to see how they respond.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
BFieldHusky said:
Even more impressive when you consider Bond didn't play. Temple played out of their minds...especially from 3. Temple is in good shape to potentially be the No. 1 seed in the American (because SMU is ineligible). They have already swept Cincy, beat us on our home floor, and beat SMU, and they don't have to play at SMU. They are 5-2, and their tough games left are at Tulsa/at Houston, Memphis, Tulsa and UConn at home. Still not sure how they lost by nearly 30 at home to Houston. If they could ever beat Villanova next month they could be considered a fringe tournament team.

Yeah. Temple winning is not good for us.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Start of the season I had said Temple is going to be a pain in the arse. I think they were playing Cincy. They reminded me of Georgetown in the beginning. A Team that will surprise you. You never know who is coming to play. Think Temple will match today's game? Throwing down threes left and right. Can Coleman duplicate today's performance? Last year Temple had this guard that tore us up. Drove to the basket like it was practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom