SMU postgame thread | The Boneyard

SMU postgame thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the SMU game:
  • UConn gets a solid win on the road. Nobody had to play big minutes. Everybody on the bench gets some PT.
  • Each game presents something of a conundrum to Geno for the big games to come. The offense ran better today with Kyla on the floor. She hit all her shots, made the right passes and generally played like an experienced senior. But Anna heated up in the second half and Aubrey’s ability to impact the game with her athleticism was also evident.
  • Trying to either pass or shoot over Aubrey is not a high percentage move. She is long and has some serious ups, with an uncanny ability to perfectly time her leap.
  • During the 4th qtr when the UConn lineup was Crystal, Kyla, Molly, Anna & Aubrey and UConn’s execution turned to crap for several possessions, the camera caught Geno & CD screaming at the players on the court. I could not help but notice Megan & Christyn in the background trying hard not to laugh.
  • I’m not sure I like Liv’s new hair bun position in back rather than up top. She played about 3 inches shorter today….:rolleyes:
  • Now it really is time to turn our attention to the game on Thursday vs the Lady Bears. Baylor is clearly the most talented team UConn will face so far this season. The game will be played in the state of CT where UConn has not lost in almost 7 years. Bring it on!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That's how you do it, Kyla. Much better. UConn needs you to shoot when you have the opportunity. Great game and should be the winner of the kick ass award.
Loved Kyla's mindset to pull the trigger when she had the open shot. On the other hand, Molly looked like the old Molly, passing up a bunch of shots until I suspect Geno must have yelled at her to "Shoot the damn ball!" After which, she started knocking down her shot as well.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the SMU game:
  • UConn gets a solid win on the road. Nobody had to play big minutes. Everybody on the bench gets some PT.
  • Each game presents something of a conundrum to Geno for the big games to come. The offense ran better today with Kyla on the floor. She hit all her shots, made the right passes and generally played like an experienced senior. But Anna heated up in the second half and Aubrey’s ability to impact the game with her athleticism was also evident.
  • Trying to either pass or shoot over Aubrey is not a high percentage move. She is long and has some serious ups, with an uncanny ability to perfectly time her leap.
  • During the 4th qtr when the UConn lineup was Crystal, Kyla, Molly, Anna & Aubrey and UConn’s execution turned to crap for several possessions, the camera caught Geno & CD screaming at the players on the court. I could not help but notice Megan & Christyn in the background trying hard not to laugh.
  • I’m not sure I like Liv’s new hair bun position in back rather than up top. She played about 3 inches shorter today….:rolleyes:
  • Now it really is time to turn our attention to the game on Thursday vs the Lady Bears. Baylor is clearly the most talented team UConn will face so far this season. The game will be played in the state of CT where UConn has not lost in almost 7 years. Bring it on!!!

Totally agree with Liv's bun positioning. It better be back on top for Baylor.

Reaction Score
So I'm not even sure how to describe what happened to us on ESPN3. We tuned in late, around the end of the first quarter. All went well until close to the end of the third quarter, when the screen went blank and then the game recycled to the very beginning. OK, we thought, this is annoying, but we'll see the part we didn't get to see, so the game played from the start, through half time and into the third quarter, when it shut down. Your program has ended, it said.
What the hell?

It sounds like no one had this happen during the game today, but has anyone had a similar experience at any time in the past. Does anyone have a theory as to what happened to us?

Thanks.

Reaction Score
The lane violation call on Anna in the first half on a foul shot with no SMU players contesting the rebound was so absurd it was funny. To find an equally stupid call, you have to go back many years to a call against Maya Moore for not getting both feet out of bounds when passing the ball in after an opponent's basket.

Reaction Score
So I'm not even sure how to describe what happened to us on ESPN3. We tuned in late, around the end of the first quarter. All went well until close to the end of the third quarter, when the screen went blank and then the game recycled to the very beginning. OK, we thought, this is annoying, but we'll see the part we didn't get to see, so the game played from the start, through half time and into the third quarter, when it shut down. Your program has ended, it said.
What the hell?

It sounds like no one had this happen during the game today, but has anyone had a similar experience at any time in the past. Does anyone have a theory as to what happened to us?

Thanks.

happened to us also. I closed out the ESPN app, restarted it and went back in. That corrected it.

Reaction Score
Well if UConn is going to have half a chance against Baylor, Liv better get her bun on straight. Good game for UConn women. Saw a lot of good things today, especially Kyla taking shots when she is open and not passing the ball. More layups and fast breaks made. Geno calm. Better study height this week cause Baylor is going to bring it to the table. This is a test. Pass or fail, they will have a chance to learn something from this experience.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What the hell?

Thanks.
It happened to me today, all I did was exit ESPN and then went back into ESPN and got the game back live in the 3rd quarter.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
What the hell?

Thanks.

We were driving back from Tampa and the South Florida game. Had the UConn game playing on my iPhone. Same thing happened to us. Blank screen and back to the beginning.

We were about 8 minutes from home so I just unplugged the phone and closed the app. In the house, turn on the TV, Apple TV, ESPN app and watched the rest of the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
What the hell?

Thanks.
I have the same problem at the end of 3Q. Window was frozen and I have to shutdown the computer, then restart. Then everything is OK.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
What the hell?

Thanks.
We had a moment wherein the game went off, screen went dark, then bright green,. But it picked up right away at the correct point. Never heard of your issue. Is there a witch in your life that you have crossed recently? ;)

Reaction Score
What the hell?

Thanks.

Me too, at least similar.

Went from live game action to what I thought was a commercial, then another, then it recycled to game start.

I pushed a couple controls, which didn't work then turned off the the app and came back to it fresh and it picked up live game.

Held me confused for several minutes though.

Reaction Score
What the hell?

Thanks.
exactly what happened to me in MA... I thought I would see the previous parts of the game then the rest of the game, but when the game ended, so did my viewing in the second quarter.... sad :(

Reaction Score
Me too, at least similar.

Went from live game action to what I thought was a commercial, then another, then it recycled to game start.

I pushed a couple controls, which didn't work then turned off the the app and came back to it fresh and it picked up live game.

Held me confused for several minutes though.
I should have refreshed!

Reaction Score
I find it a bit odd that SMU would choose to have Dallas on the front of the jersey and the player’s name on the back. Are they embarrassed to put the school name on the uniform? Maybe for the next game we’ll see Storrs on the front of the jersey instead of UConn.

Reaction Score
Anna needs to shoot more. I have thought she has frequently been open for a three if given a cross court pass. Kyla tossed one to her today and—swish.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I find it a bit odd that SMU would choose to have Dallas on the front of the jersey and the player’s name on the back. Are they embarrassed to put the school name on the uniform? Maybe for the next game we’ll see Storrs on the front of the jersey instead of UConn.

At least there is only one university in Storrs.

Maybe they borrowed the uniforms from Dallas Baptist? :rolleyes:

ETA: Apparently my snark had more truth than I realized. :eek: Dallas Baptist on the left, SMU on the right.

5CE047CE-A49C-4904-A671-84FCF78420DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
what was the thing with Bent? didnt have access to watch

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
What the hell?

Thanks.
GO BACK Th HOME PAGE RESART espn3 THEN should be OK

Reaction Score
We had a moment wherein the game went off, screen went dark, then bright green,. But it picked up right away at the correct point. Never heard of your issue. Is there a witch in your life that you have crossed recently? ;)
I had the bright green screen thing once, for about 1 second, then it just returned to normal. That was the only glitch. Streaming ESPN3 with Roku on Cox Internet. ??

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
We were streaming ESPN3 on a Roku television fed by Charter Spectrum internet. It was off for 10 seconds or so.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well if UConn is going to have half a chance against Baylor, Liv better get her bun on straight. Good game for UConn women. Saw a lot of good things today, especially Kyla taking shots when she is open and not passing the ball. More layups and fast breaks made. Geno calm. Better study height this week cause Baylor is going to bring it to the table. This is a test. Pass or fail, they will have a chance to learn something from this experience.
Everyone keeps talking about Baylor’s size. But UConn’s starting lineup is actually taller than Baylor’s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom