Smu is rolling 2nd half | The Boneyard

Smu is rolling 2nd half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh boy... This team is resilient, coulda folded but is hanging on vs zaga!

Reaction Score
I dislike Nic Moore, not a fan of the kid and his demeanor on the court. But I am a fan of his game, the little SOB can flat outplay the game. Not looking forward to his smirks and smiles, need to keep them off his face or our guys are in for a long night Thursday.

Reaction Score
I dislike Nic Moore, not a fan of the kid and his demeanor on the court. But I am a fan of his game, the little SOB can flat outplay the game. Not looking forward to his smirks and smiles, need to keep them off his face or our guys are in for a long night Thursday.
Yeah, if we can get him into foul trouble SMU is a much different team. That is why Tulsa was able to beat SMU. SMU has no flow to the offense without Nic Moore in there. Hopefully JA will be playing more and he can get Nic Moore in foul trouble through dribble penetration.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
They have to attempt to get more fouls called against SMU by attacking, SMU is not deep. Get to the foul line and take advantage of a big strength.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The key to beating SMU is control Moore (easier said than done) and let him get his points BUT UConn needs to stop the other guys.
Their bigs are active and rebound well
Our guys, specifically Miller, needs to hit the boards
They are not a deep team at all - the few teams that have had success against them have gotten them in foul trouble
They are very very tough and resilient BUT they can be beat
Have to make sure that you do it at your home court (first)

Reaction Score
So because I want to enjoy a game between 2 fun teams as a college basketball fan I'm an SMU FAN? Got it

I think he was joking that you sound like an SMU fan because SMU is probably very much looking forward to stuffing UConn in a garbage can on Thursday. At least that's how I read it.

Reaction Score
We may stop Moore, maybe. But one thing for sure as we've realized, that big guy who is averaging 9.5/6.2 will get 25 and 14 against us - Kennedy owns us ;)

Reaction Score
We may stop Moore, maybe. But one thing for sure as we've realized, that big guy who is averaging 9.5/6.2 will get 25 and 14 against us - Kennedy owns us ;)

If this thing with Adams miraculously sorts itself out between now and Thursday maybe we'll get a nice surprise, but at this point I'm expecting them to get handled. SMU is just better, and Brown has not had much difficulty putting KO in his pocket.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I think he was joking that you sound like an SMU fan because SMU is probably very much looking forward to stuffing UConn in a garbage can on Thursday. At least that's how I read it.
^^^ this. I didn't read anything offensive into that.

Also, as a UConn fan I don't anticipate much enjoyment during the game. We may get the win, I pray we do, and when the clock is all zeros I will enjoy the heck out of it at that time. But during the actual game itself? I could see that being like a follow up visit to a proctologist. It's going to be nerve wracking and unpleasant and tense.

Reaction Score
If this thing with Adams miraculously sorts itself out between now and Thursday maybe we'll get a nice surprise, but at this point I'm expecting them to get handled. SMU is just better, and Brown has not had much difficulty putting KO in his pocket.

Knowing how tough it is for them without a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow we do realize they will take certain games much more seriously than others. Thursday is one they will be all in!

Reaction Score

I think we'll win this one. It will be - depressingly - the first time all season we've played a ranked team at home, and the boys know that a victory would go a long way towards securing a tournament spot. Brown's definitely had KO's number, but we did beat them in Hartford last year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see SMU wax us in the return game, though. It'll be the last career home game for the seniors and they're a bear to handle in that gym under normal circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom