SMU Game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

SMU Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're one of the bright one's on this board. This conference sucks !!!! The projects will continue as long as we remain in the great AAC
If the conference is so bad, why is SMU seem so good? Why is UConn mediocre in this conference in most sports? Why is Gonzaga, who is in a horrible conference always competitive?Wichita State? Villanova in the new BE? Can't blame the conference. We all hate it, but it is not the conference's fault.

Reaction Score
take the starters out...except Boatright...other players are embarrassing themselves...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Cmon, we still have the late run to cut to 8 to look forward to.

Reaction Score
have to dribble before u move with ball omar
Omar aside from a 3 game stretch where he appeared to be back to Freshman form has completely reverted back to Sophomore form. Looks lost again.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Really don't think SMU is that good. We are struggling but it's not because of anything SMU is doing.

Reaction Score
Serious question...I never watched many of the games under Calhoun in the early 2000's, became a die hard fan when I enrolled at UConn.

My question is what was the offense like under Calhoun? Ollie runs NBA sets, seemingly trying to give guards freedom to attack, almost like an iso offense, however with none of our players besides Boat able to create a shot for themselves it often looks stagnant.

Reaction Score
Really don't think SMU is that good. We are struggling but it's not because of anything SMU is doing.
They are manhandling us in the paint (any team with bigs who are a presence give us problems bc of foul trouble), getting any shot they want, and forcing us to take terrible shots but it's not anything they're doing?? What is it then

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No, they're not. SMU is a talented team at home, amped the duck* up, and are coached by the best Xs & Os coach in the history of the game. We're just getting beat, we're not wilting.

The good thing about these SMU games is that they're like a master's course for Ollie. He's going to learn from Brown taking him out behind the woodshed, just like he learned from it last year.

The only problem is that if we lose this one (which I think we will), we'll need to beat them in the AAC tourney to make the NCAAs. I don't love our chances, but oh well. This is our down year.

Sorry Matrim. Good team but we wilted.

Reaction Score
Embarrassing performance. Team is undisciplined, lacks intensity and has no mettle. Feel bad for Boat. His teammates have a different ethic.

Reaction Score
Who saw the ref just laughing and smiling with SMU in their huddle under the rim

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Every game it seems like Purvis catches the ball on the wing and as he drives to the hoop steps out of bounds. Got to know where you are on the floor.
Would love to see replay to see if he actually was out of bounds. I don't not trust these refs at all.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
lange10 said:
They are manhandling us in the paint (any team with bigs who are a presence give us problems bc of foul trouble), getting any shot they want, and forcing us to take terrible shots but it's not anything they're doing?? What is it then

Unforced errors are not SMUs doing. Nor are fouls that eliminate uconn's entire below average front court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom