SMU Football Makes "The Perfect Fit" HC Hire | The Boneyard

SMU Football Makes "The Perfect Fit" HC Hire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
http://theamerican.org/news/2014/12/2/FB_1202144131.aspx

"Southern Methodist University is taking rapid steps to put its football program back together again with the hiring of Clemson's dynamic offensive coordinator Chad Morris as its new football coach."

Overall, I think this hire is good for the AAC and for UConn's chances of getting out of it, provided we can consistently beat teams with brand name coaches like Chad Morris.

"Morris was named 2013 AFCA National Assistant Coach of the Year last season when Clemson averaged 507.7 yards and 40.2 points per game."

"You're going to see an exciting brand of football," Morris promised. "We're going to have the most explosive offense and explosive team in all of college football. "It's going to be one of the biggest turnarounds in college football before this is over with. But it's going to take a lot of work."

Sound familiar?

Reaction Score
Well it's a step in the right direction for both schools so that's all you can ask. It's a young conference trying to put the pieces in place to compete. The better each of these teams get the better chance UConn will have at a legit shot for a top 10 ranking when they beat them. Get ranked in the top 10 at the end of the season and your in the conversation for a playoff spot, especially when they go from 4 to 8 teams.

You can pizz and moan about it all you want but.... UConn is gonna be here for a while so get used to it. Things will get more interesting next year when the conference splits into divisions and there's a league championship game to compete for.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
We will see how he does without top 20 recruiting classes - same for our Broyles Award winning HC.

d.b.a-songwriters-broken-record.jpg

Reaction Score
If Morris truly is an offensive guru, he won't need top 20 classes to be a borderline top 20 program. He'll might top 50-60 classes though which might be doable for him being in that state.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Morris is a solid hire. He'll be able to find athletes needed for his uptempo offenses. Speed and athleticism: there are plenty of those types of kids to be found in Texas and surrounding areas.

Reaction Score
Other than bonehead starting a thread for EVERYTHING. If interested, I will fill you out on lunch/

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Gold star for you, Rio! I picked that one out of all the Google image options because Mel was a stutterer. Bonehead repeats himself much in the same way.

No offense to Bonehead or stutterererers. Nothing but love for you all.

Hey we're all just Coca Cola Cowboys here on the 'Yard.

Reaction Score
Morris will pull more talent in 3 months at SMU than Diaco has pulled in an entire recruiting cycle

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Well bless your heart, aren't you the kind one!

Reaction Score
I am really concerned about Diaco's strategies and game planning. I am totally confident in his ability to evaluate talent and physical attributes.

If you had to take your clothes off and have the flaws in your body critiqued by someone, Bob Diaco is about the last person on earth you'd want doing it. The guy is extremely demanding of conditioning, nutrition and personal care. He is bringing in a lot of big, strong, fast kids based on what I can see and research on the commits. I totally trust his ability to judge what big, strong and fast means. He himself is in perfect physical condition and his clothing and grooming is always meticulous. The guy knows what kind of horses he needs. I just hope he knows how to make them run.

Reaction Score
Morris is a solid hire. He'll be able to find athletes needed for his uptempo offenses. Speed and athleticism: there are plenty of those types of kids to be found in Texas and surrounding areas.

And is this the model being followed at UConn . . . uptempo offenses, speed and athleticism?

Reaction Score
Texas HS coaches are loyal to one of their own (http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...e-strong-rebuilds-longhorns-way-espn-magazine) and Chad Morris is one of their own. SMU has a built in recruiting area in the Dallas Metroplex region. Morris has his work cut out for him...but as far as the right fit for the right job...this is it.

A big difference between Pasqualoni's relationship with CT High School Coaches and Morris is TEXAS. Like fishing is a fish bowl vs. the Atlantic Ocean! Morris will turn SMU around and Diaco will do the same at UCONN. This conference is going to get better but has to find a way to increase attendance. The conference leaders have to think creatively, outside the box!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Other than bonehead starting a thread for EVERYTHING. If interested, I will fill you out on lunch/

Curious post - since I didnt start this one.

If posters dont think coaching\winning with top 20 recruiting classes v.s. coaching/winning with a recruting classes rated 73 is any different, than recruiting wouldnt matter, no? I only bring up the Broyles Award winner constantly after being told that I hadnt won one!!

Might I be a broken Mel Tillis record, sure, I might be...am I a UConn FB supporter, absolutely. Will I be there Saturday in cold weather watching this team and cheering on the seniors, yes. Do I support Bob Diaco, yes I do. Does he get a pass on this year and I am not allowed to question/criticize, Hell NO.

Reaction Score
Curious post - since I didnt start this one.

If posters dont think coaching\winning with top 20 recruiting classes v.s. coaching/winning with a recruting classes rated 73 is any different, than recruiting wouldnt matter, no? I only bring up the Broyles Award winner constantly after being told that I hadnt won one!!

Might I be a broken Mel Tillis record, sure, I might be...am I a UConn FB supporter, absolutely. Will I be there Saturday in cold weather watching this team and cheering on the seniors, yes. Do I support Bob Diaco, yes I do. Does he get a pass on this year and I am not allowed to question/criticize, Hell NO.

You keep starting posts . You're doing a good job!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom