Smart Move Jason Day | The Boneyard

Smart Move Jason Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Normally a boyfriend or husband would be getting razzed across the country for ducking out of the way so that an out of control Lebron James has a clear path to his wife sitting courtside. Especially when she is taken off on a stretch and diagnosed with a concussion

Normally.

Considering that a sprained thumb may be a $20m difference for a season and a lost chance at 2-3 majors and Day gets a pass. Plus, considering Day already has bouts with vertigo, he doesn't need any more traumatic brain injuries.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/...ok-collision-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

Reaction Score
So... assuming it was someone other than a pro golfer, you're suggesting that they would have been able to what, block LeBron out of the air?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So... assuming it was someone other than a pro golfer, you're suggesting that they would have been able to what, block LeBron out of the air?

This board has been tough this week.

No, the implied statement is that in the history of sports every time there is a crowd shot of a guy ducking and hanging his significant other out to dry, they are universally booed on the jumbotron and on sports TV.

A pro golfer of Day's stature? They get a pass.

Reaction Score
I don't get your point. I imagine he's getting a 'pass' because he had no time to react. Otherwise, are you suggesting that it should be self-worth that determines whether you act to protect somebody? Maybe you were joking, I don't know.

On another note, I need to spend less time here.

Reaction Score
I don't get your point. I imagine he's getting a 'pass' because he had no time to react. Otherwise, are you suggesting that it should be self-worth that determines whether you act to protect somebody? Maybe you were joking, I don't know.

On another note, I need to spend less time here.

Just watched it for the first time. Guy had no chance to react. He certainly didn't "duck out of the way."

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Crowds see ball players crash and burn in the stands almost every game. I doubt seriously if the crowd knew who was sitting there. Unless the arena announcer said "Lebron James just trucked Days wife", no one would know.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Jason Day's wife tweeted that if her husband had tried to block LeBron from hitting her, she would have had two men knocking her to the ground instead of just one. LeBron is just too big and was going too fast to be stopped.

Reaction Score

No, the implied statement is that in the history of sports every time there is a crowd shot of a guy ducking and hanging his significant other out to dry, they are universally booed on the jumbotron and on sports TV.

A few years ago I was sitting 3rd row third base side behind the dugout at Citi Field. Someone from the Nats waves at a changeup and loses his bat. It bounces on top the dugout and is headed for us. The guy sitting in front of us with his wife ducks to the ground. I stood up in an attempt to catch the bat and protect my group. I was able to reach in front of the guys wife and get a hand on the bat. I couldn't hang on as it was spinning so she still was hit in the shoulder. He never freakin moved. She was lucky she did not take the bat into her face.

Reaction Score
Jason Day's wife tweeted that if her husband had tried to block LeBron from hitting her, she would have had two men knocking her to the ground instead of just one. LeBron is just too big and was going too fast to be stopped.
Yeah only way he is getting slowed down at all is by the other guy leaning in to give some serious positive resistance. Which would look like the guy was trying to hurt LeBron.

Reaction Score
Yeah only way he is getting slowed down at all is by the other guy leaning in to give some serious positive resistance. Which would look like the guy was trying to hurt LeBron.

Yeah, imagine that Lebron goes to the rim and 'bumps' players with similar force frequently. Its amazing the strength of these pro athletes and their resistance if futile when it comes to Lebron. I guess it would take an NFL lineman to give any resemblance of resistance.

I think he has rarely misses games because of injuries, and I have not seen another player physically hurt him. Like Curry he can be unstoppable if he wasn't so hesitant.

In the video she disappeared:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
lebron usually has good control, last year in the playoffs he came to a screeching halt at the feet of a pregnant lady, actually its happened multiple times i think. I wonder why somebody pregnant would think its a good idea to sit front row at an NBA game.

Reaction Score

Her tweet was kind of annoying: "tackled by that large man"....

They get larger then LBJ. And when you are sitting courtside, you are always at risk when players are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Reaction Score
Man some of you guys get annoyed so easy, almost like your going out of your way to be annoyed. Lighten up.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
lebron usually has good control, last year in the playoffs he came to a screeching halt at the feet of a pregnant lady, actually its happened multiple times i think. I wonder why somebody pregnant would think its a good idea to sit front row at an NBA game.

Lebron said if she was pregnant he would of jumped over her....hilarious. Not pregnant she gets run over by a human mack truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom