Smallwood | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Smallwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
GL to you in the future Mr. Smallwood. It certainly be another awesome moment for UConn Football if they can get another player drafted in the 1st rd.

Reaction Score
Thank you Smallwood, you deserved better (playing on a better team that is), looking forward to seeing you playing on Sundays preferably for my Giants ;). Kudos to you carrying that LB tradition.

Reaction Score
Yes, I believe Fincher was better than Sio. Both we're excellent.

I think they both had there moments here at Uconn, although, I feel Sio had more exciting plays. Sio Moore is having a better career in the NFL so that speaks volume.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think they both had there moments here at Uconn, although, I feel Sio had more exciting plays. Sio Moore is having a better career in the NFL so that speaks volume.

I think the only thing that it speaks to is the fact that Sio is better in pass coverage, IMHO. And the NFL is a much more passing-oriented league. Although both were great against the run and rushing the quarterback, I thought Fincher was slightly better in those departments (only slightly!). But I think that there's no doubt that Sio is better dropping back on the WR's and TE's.

I'll always remember both players for being really really really awesome here... :cool:

Reaction Score

Sio absolutely had more exciting plays at UCONN, but he was far more inconsistent that Fincher.

Reaction Score
I think the best LB to ever play at UCONN and I think he gets physically bigger heading into the NFL and keeps his quickness. Absolute class act.

We have big holes to fill at LB both in terms of Smallwood and depth. I see some real promise with Ashiru and Vann. After that, I don't see much of anything and it really concerns me that guys like Stegg and Steward couldn't beat Donoque out for time. I continue to wonder if Obi can't move to LB, especially given the depth we have in the secondary.
Will need to get bigger and keep his speed. Should be an excellent cover LB and great side to side. Worried about his straight up play. There were a lot of downfield tackles. Hard to tell if it was mostly DLine getting pushed back or if he has trouble getting to point of attack at LOS. I don't think he is physically dominant like an AJ Hawk or Urlacher type. He might be best suited in a OLB role.

Reaction Score
Will need to get bigger and keep his speed. Should be an excellent cover LB and great side to side. Worried about his straight up play. There were a lot of downfield tackles. Hard to tell if it was mostly DLine getting pushed back or if he has trouble getting to point of attack at LOS. I don't think he is physically dominant like an AJ Hawk or Urlacher type. He might be best suited in a OLB role.

I am a packer fan. AJ hawk is not physically dominant, he is a mediocre linebacker.

I think taking on blockers and maintaining his responsibilities is Smallwoods strength, and what will make him an excellent NFL. Linebacker.

Reaction Score
Smallwood is a stud.
Go away Coach! I don't know why you're on our board on Christmas night, but you're condescending comments aren't appreciated.
If any of us go on your board to belittle your program you can rip them a new one. This is our board! ... Just go away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom