Small town, big time girls HS basketball | The Boneyard

Small town, big time girls HS basketball

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
A tiny town called Beaver Dam has one of the best girls' basketball teams in the country
"The girls' basketball players at Beaver Dam High School in Wisconsin take a day off from practice, pile into about six cars and visit the local businesses that have supported them. The team -- nicknamed the Golden Beavers -- prints about 90 "thank you" cards, complete with a color photo of the 13 girls on the squad. At the bottom of the photo, in cursive writing, there are two words: Thank you."

"When we walk into their stores with a thank-you card -- you can see them smile with happiness."

"The Golden Beavers have made a lot of people in their community of some 15,000 people smile lately. They have won the Wisconsin state title the past two seasons. They were ranked No. 16 in the espnW 25 Power Rankings."

"He mentions it to help us remember where we came from," said Stauffacher, a 6-foot senior shooting guard. "To go from 0-21 to 28-0 is insane."

Hey, Geno want a defensive stopper?
"She's the best defensive guard I've seen in 26 years of high school coaching," Chase said. "In the state finals the past two years, she held Division I recruits to four points each."

"The coach decided that the only way to build a successful program would be to start doing camps at grade schools and middle schools, the proverbial brick by brick. "

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
A tiny town called Beaver Dam has one of the best girls' basketball teams in the country
"The girls' basketball players at Beaver Dam High School in Wisconsin take a day off from practice, pile into about six cars and visit the local businesses that have supported them. The team -- nicknamed the Golden Beavers -- prints about 90 "thank you" cards, complete with a color photo of the 13 girls on the squad. At the bottom of the photo, in cursive writing, there are two words: Thank you."

"When we walk into their stores with a thank-you card -- you can see them smile with happiness."

"The Golden Beavers have made a lot of people in their community of some 15,000 people smile lately. They have won the Wisconsin state title the past two seasons. They were ranked No. 16 in the espnW 25 Power Rankings."

"He mentions it to help us remember where we came from," said Stauffacher, a 6-foot senior shooting guard. "To go from 0-21 to 28-0 is insane."

"She's the best defensive guard I've seen in 26 years of high school coaching," Chase said. "In the state finals the past two years, she held Division I recruits to four points each."
Great story. Nice to hear of unselfish youngsters> And good basketball.

Reaction Score

"The coach decided that the only way to build a successful program would be to start doing camps at grade schools and middle schools, the proverbial brick by brick. "
BINGO---YOU WON THE BEST HOLIDAY, EMOTIONAL STORY AWARD
Really nice, nices kids, smart coach. Brick by brick works. Geno could use a defensive stopper who stopped 2 Div 1 potentials --really good

Thanks for good feel good story. Thank you

Reaction Score

Could there be another Kelly!

Reaction Score
I grew up in Wisconsin and remember this team being a perennial powerhouse when I was in high school (about 5 years ago). They beat my high school’s team more than once during my high school career. Good to see them getting some national recognition given they’re a small town team without a lot of name recognition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom