Small Savings on WNBA Live Access for last season subscribers | The Boneyard

Small Savings on WNBA Live Access for last season subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I got this in an email from wnba live access:

AS A SPECIAL THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING TO WNBA LIVE ACCESS LAST SEASON, YOU CAN SAVE ON THIS SEASON'S SUBSCRIPTION!
ENTER CODE WNBALA2014 AT CHECKOUT BY 5/15 TO SAVE AND
WATCH WNBA GAMES LIVE AND ON DEMAND ON YOUR COMPUTER
AND MOBILE DEVICE.

Pay $12.99 instead of $14.99 for the season. I think they broadcast every single regular season game.

They also have a free trial through May 22nd

https://liveaccess.wnba.com/wnbala/secure/registerform

(By the way, if you didn't subscribe last season, you can always try the coupon and see if it works....)

Last edited:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I got this in an email from wnba live access:

AS A SPECIAL THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING TO WNBA LIVE ACCESS LAST SEASON, YOU CAN SAVE ON THIS SEASON'S SUBSCRIPTION!
ENTER CODE WNBALA2014 AT CHECKOUT BY 5/15 TO SAVE AND
WATCH WNBA GAMES LIVE AND ON DEMAND ON YOUR COMPUTER
AND MOBILE DEVICE.

Pay $12.99 instead of $14.99 for the season. I think they broadcast every single regular season game.

They also have a free trial through May 22nd

https://liveaccess.wnba.com/wnbala/secure/registerform

(By the way, if you didn't subscribe last season, you can always try the coupon and see if it works....)

How weak is that! I just subscribed again this year and got no notice on the savings. Grrrrrr

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I, too, was frustrated in that the Live Access was not available for any of the Sun preseason games. I tweeted the league, league president and teams to let them know my disgust. Quite shameful when a league says, hey, check out our games and gives you no way to watch them.

Reaction Score
I, too, was frustrated in that the Live Access was not available for any of the Sun preseason games. I tweeted the league, league president and teams to let them know my disgust. Quite shameful when a league says, hey, check out our games and gives you no way to watch them.

I know. Or when you are watching the game, it will freeze up on you. But I will sign up for another year. But I was bummed out that there wasn't a way to watch any of the WNBA preseason games on the internet.

Reaction Score
The Mystics had there pre season games on monumental network but for DC residents only. Wrote to network I would pay but no response.

Reaction Score
rt bb fan said:
The Mystics had there pre season games on monumental network but for DC residents only. Wrote to network I would pay but no response.
I watched on Monumental & I live in Chicago. Maybe your browser was blocking the stream?

Reaction Score
wow thanks! Don't remember but did they raise the price? Felt like I paid 9.99 last year...

Reaction Score
I'm going to the Mystic-Sky game tonight. I'll try to get some good pics and post them.

I don't think I'll subscribe to the All-Access this year. The video is too "jumpy" and you can't really follow the game. It also freezes up sometimes. Kinda lame.
They should just have a WNBA Pass on the cable tv networks and give the fans quality video coverage of the games. The league has become good enough that there will be enough fans. There's probably a few hundred thousand Shoni Schimmel fans that would pay for it- I'm serious!
Skylar Diggins needs to have a good year to put the league over the top. I'm looking foward to seeing how she does against Sue Bird and Taurasi this season. Now you have Kayla McBride and Shoni so there's potential guard rivalries there. Someone needs to pick up Simmons cause she could be in that crowd too.

Last edited:

psconn

Reaction Score
I'm going to the Mystic-Sky game tonight. I'll try to get some good pics and post them.

I don't think I'll subscribe to the All-Access this year. The video is too "jumpy" and you can't really follow the game. It also freezes up sometimes. Kinda lame.
They should just have a WNBA Pass on the cable tv networks and give the fans quality video coverage of the games. The league has become good enough that there will be enough fans. There's probably a few hundred thousand Shoni Schimmel fans that would pay for it- I'm serious!
Skylar Diggins needs to have a good year to put the league over the top. I'm looking foward to seeing how she does against Sue Bird and Taurasi this season. Now you have Kayla McBride and Shoni so there's potentisal guard rivalries there. Someone needs to pick up Simmons cause she could be in that crowd too.

There's no doubt that the league is better off if Skylar excels but to suggest that her having a good year will "put the league over the top" is just a huge overstatement. The WNBA needs stars, many stars. If Skylar starts to live up to her hype and can energize her social media fan base, that's a plus.

Another thing that would help would be to enact whatever rule changes are necessary to open the offense AND find some refs that can consistently apply them.

Reaction Score
BnNV4iUIIAAXMqs.jpg Look at this pic of how EDD has muscled up:

Reaction Score
Might be me but sometimes I saw the top of the scoreboard be ahead of the live feed I was watching.lol...
So just for a heads up remove that so you don't accidentally look and let it spoil it for you.

Reaction Score
I tried to log in to wnba all access and received a an error message. Has this happened to anyone?

psconn

Reaction Score
How weak is that! I just subscribed again this year and got no notice on the savings. Grrrrrr

So I sent an e-mail to the address the [one day late] offer came from and they replied that they will credit the 2 bucks. The 2 bucks is not a big deal but 1) not putting the offer out in advance with activating the site was lame, and 2) at least they ended up doing the right thing.

As to some of the other comments above, the only beef I have had with this service over the years is that the resolution varies a lot from team to team. It is generally ok but could use improvement. I rarely if ever had problems with freezing and image jumpiness.

IMO it is worth every penny to be able to follow the Sun on the road and to see other big games and players of interest. I'll definitely be following the Mystics this year (even though the announcing team is annoying as heck).

Reaction Score
Did you get any response at all? I have emailed league and CT SUN officials on numerous occasions regarding different issues and they don't respond. I wonder if any of you have had the same problems.

psconn

Reaction Score
I have no problem with them not streaming the preseason. Putting these game up for viewing is expensive and the "games" are generally not so good. Lots of the best players missing and odd line-ups as coaches try to work out the keepers and the best combos.

One possible exception was the preseason tourney event in Orlando. That should have been streamed, I think for maximum PR impact.

Reaction Score
so tomorrow there is no need to buy it yet, correct? Since it's a free trial...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom