Small Goals For Today v Cincinnati | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Small Goals For Today v Cincinnati

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The game is out of reach no matter how well UConn plays. But I would personally like to see some small accomplishments. Perhaps:

1. Keep the margin under 21 or even under the spread which ESPN says is 35.

2. Win a quarter, preferably when the ones for both teams are still on the field

3. Keep the total yards allowed under 400

4. No complete collapse or capitulation

5. One nice completed pass downfield for >25 yards

6. No turnovers, but failing that, no fumbles or no interceptions

7a. A sack, or two, or three ... by the D
7b. No sacks allowed by the OL

8. A run for more than 15 yards gained.

Some of these are highly improbable and accomplishing all of them is prohibitively improbable. But doing any one or two of them would give us a glimmer of hope. Your thoughts?

Have your goals ever been so misaligned with reality?

Reaction Score
Have your goals ever been so misaligned with reality?
Well I said that getting one or two might be possible. No fumble yet but there is still time. Yeah, mea culpa though.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
9 = didnt happen. I watched 1 quarter and couldn't take anymore. Saw the score was cinncy 50 -7 or whatever it is
If only we had scored a touchdown instead of a sad field goal

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I mean it's really nice Cincinnati didn't try in the 2nd half. Would have lost by 70.
I think the best thing to come out of yesterday is your guys surviving those brutal targeting plays from the big bad UConn defense. Any word from the hospital if they’ll ever walk again though?

Reaction Score
The game is out of reach no matter how well UConn plays. But I would personally like to see some small accomplishments. Perhaps:

1. Keep the margin under 21 or even under the spread which ESPN says is 35.

2. Win a quarter, preferably when the ones for both teams are still on the field

3. Keep the total yards allowed under 400

4. No complete collapse or capitulation

5. One nice completed pass downfield for >25 yards

6. No turnovers, but failing that, no fumbles or no interceptions

7a. A sack, or two, or three ... by the D
7b. No sacks allowed by the OL

8. A run for more than 15 yards gained.

Some of these are highly improbable and accomplishing all of them is prohibitively improbable. But doing any one or two of them would give us a glimmer of hope. Your thoughts?
I got 1.5 out of 8 off your list. Pretty sure that 1 was with one Mensah's runs. The .5 was us getting a sack.

Reaction Score
The defense is really no better, the schedule was just stronger last year.
I disagree. The defense is definitely better. The offense, other than Mensah producing, is shotty because QBs don't look ready out there. One moment they do, then, once we get a penalty, or, we're put in a long first down situation, the poise thing goes out the window. Gotta hope one of these kids at the most important position on the field pans out starting next season. We're getting nothing from them this year. No improvement whatsoever

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
A fitting ending to the series.

I was hoping Edsall would be going nuts after kicking that field goal to cut the lead from 48 to 45 like my man Disco Diaco.

Sad that he didnt.

Bring that dude back, at least he was entertaining.

Reaction Score
A fitting ending to the series.

I was hoping Edsall would be going nuts after kicking that field goal to cut the lead from 48 to 45 like my man Disco Diaco.

Sad that he didnt.

Bring that dude back, at least he was entertaining.

It might be a good idea to bring him back. His teams never gave up more than 42 points in a game. In fact, in his three years his teams gave up more than 40 points five times. In the last almost three years, Edsall’s teams have given up more than 40 points twenty times.

Reaction Score
It might be a good idea to bring him back. His teams never gave up more than 42 points in a game. In fact, in his three years his teams gave up more than 40 points five times. In the last almost three years, Edsall’s teams have given up more than 40 points twenty times.

He had Andrew Adams, Byron Jones, Obi and a few other pros / decent players left over from the prior regimes. He was also great at burning clock, shortening the game. Like even better than Edsall. He recruited really terribly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom